Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#106022 by amoney
Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:44 am
Plugged in the Linx, approximately 4 feet away, On the Telo held down the Antenna for 3 seconds until it starts flashing blue (Linx is flashing amber). Wait... nothiing happins, Telo antenna stops flashing blue, becomes solid. Linx remains flashing amber.

Repeated this twice to no avail. What am I missing?

No other Ooma accessories used.
#106023 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 am
amoney wrote:Plugged in the Linx, approximately 4 feet away, On the Telo held down the Antenna for 3 seconds until it starts flashing blue (Linx is flashing amber). Wait... nothiing happins, Telo antenna stops flashing blue, becomes solid. Linx remains flashing amber.

Repeated this twice to no avail. What am I missing?

No other Ooma accessories used.

The light on the front of the Ooma Linx really has two lights installed, a left side light and a right side light. Below is what each light indicates.

Line status indicator (Left side light)
• Lights up blue when the line is idle.
• Lights up amber the line is in use.

System status indicator (Right side light)
• Lights up blue when connected to the Base Station
• Lights up amber when it does not detect the Base Station.
• Blinks amber when it is attempting to register with
a Base Station.
• Blinks blue and amber during a software upgrade.

Also there is a tiny pin hole in the bottom of the Ooma Linx, where while powered, a paper clip can be inserted and held until you see a light change, to do a factory reset of the Ooma Linx if nothing else works.
After the Ooma Linx factory reset, you will have to reregister the Ooma Linx before it can be used.
#106025 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:06 am
Also you may have to do this:
*#*#301 switches to the old Ooma Telo handset firmware
*#*#302 switches to the new HD2 Ooma Telo handset firmware

In the later Telo firmware versions, there are two DECT modes - one that works with the 1st gen handsets and one that works with the new HD2 handsets and Linx device.

Try dialling "*#*#302" with a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port to switch to the 2nd generation HD2 handset/Linx mode.

The above can be accomplished in Ooma Setup DECT page also.
#106026 by amoney
Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:23 am
Its a brand new Linx. Note I have a first generation Telo (2009).

I just noted in the troubleshooting manual instructions this note:

"The Linx is not compatible with the first generation Ooma Telo Handsets..."

While I do not have any Ooma Handsets...

"...to use the Linx device, dial *#*#302 on a phone connected to your OOma Telo. Your Telo will download new firmware and reboot automatically in a mode that will support the Linx device (and newer Ooma HD2 Handsets)." -As the linx is essentially a handset with just a jack.

So it appears that I need to upgrade my firmware. I dont recall seeing that disclamer.

I did try a factory reset with the Linx, oddly nothing happened changed. Just continued to flash amber. I placed it right next to the Telo too.
#106027 by amoney
Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:24 am
thunderbird wrote:Also you may have to do this:
*#*#301 switches to the old Ooma Telo handset firmware
*#*#302 switches to the new HD2 Ooma Telo handset firmware

In the later Telo firmware versions, there are two DECT modes - one that works with the 1st gen handsets and one that works with the new HD2 handsets and Linx device.

Try dialling "*#*#302" with a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port to switch to the 2nd generation HD2 handset/Linx mode.

The above can be accomplished in Ooma Setup DECT page also.

You beat me to it.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Will switch firmware by dialing the code. I could not locate Ooma Setup DECT web page.
#106028 by amoney
Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:46 am
Still nada.

To review.

Telo 2009, no other Ooma accessories.

New Linx.

Dialed *#*#302, Telo rebooted and updated firmware.

Plugged in Linx 1 inch away from Telo. Linx flashing amber. Pressed Telo Antenna for 3 seconds, begins flashing blue until sometime later the Telo Antenna becomes solid blue again. Linx remains flashing amber.

Attempted to factory reset Linx, nothing happens.

Think I have a dud.

Bummer.
#106031 by murphy
Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:24 am
When you hold the antenna symbol for 3 or more seconds does the speaker announce "Handset Registration Mode Enabled"?
#106032 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:27 am
amoney:
When I first got my Linx I had the same kind of problems.

Look in Ooma Setup DECT settings page and make sure that the Linx device isn't showing in one of the slots. If it is, click on the remove button and then re-register the Linx device.

Be careful when inserting the paper clip into the little hole in the bottom of the Linx device. You can just feel the switch actuating if you are very careful when inserting the paper clip. If the paper clip is slightly cocked, it won't actuate the reset switch. The paper clip has to be held a little longer then you would think, before you see a light change.

After the registration procedure has been started, you have to give it some time because the firmware has to be updated.
#106033 by Tom
Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:35 am
Unfortunately it looks like the DECT module on your unit has gone bad.
Try powering the telo down for a few minutes, power it up, and try registering again.
If registration continues failing the DECT module is bad and your telo will need to be replaced.
#106035 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:48 am
amoney:
Also go into the Ooma Telo, My Ooma, and make sure that DECT Radio is enabled. If it isn't, click on Enable. If it is Enabled, Disable it and then Enable it again.

Note: All of the tranactions that need to be done, can be done in My Ooma, excpet if you have to do a Linx reset.
Last edited by thunderbird on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.