Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#105520 by leejosepho
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:27 pm
I do not know whether I have a problem, so I must ask:

Does it matter that my Ooma shows UDP 53 as being denied?

I have a dial tone and the unit works...

Many thanks.
#105525 by thunderbird
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 pm
leejosepho wrote:I do not know whether I have a problem, so I must ask:

Does it matter that my Ooma shows UDP 53 as being denied?

I have a dial tone and the unit works...

Many thanks.

My Ooma Telo is connected behind the router. It also shows UDP 53 as blocked. My Ooma Telo also works fine. One time I did go into the router and opened UDP 53 port, and it seemed like it made no difference. I think what it is that sometimes Ooma will/can use alternate ports, if the main port is blocked or is in use by another application.
#105528 by leejosepho
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:59 pm
I thank you, and that makes sense even thought I know nothing about this stuff.

What is really odd to me, however, is that I get the "UDP 53 Denied" message when I run the Basic Scan, then the Advanced Scan shows TCP 443 as the *only* port allowed and *all* other ports denied. But, maybe my Westell 6200 (AT&T) single-user modem/router combo and Linksys E2500 router have something worked out there. I had thought I would need to put one or the other in bridge mode or something, put plug-n-play worked out well today.
#105533 by thunderbird
Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:04 am
I don't believe that the Ooma Setup>Tools>Port Scan, Basic and Advanced scans have fully been developed yet.

I think the Basic scan if for ports that the Ooma Telo required to function properly.

The Advanced scan is probably for other functions that may be used in the future.
Last edited by thunderbird on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.