Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#105315 by inhaliburton
Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:44 pm
Thank you both for your replies.

I got it working with those suggestions, but it's not a final solution for my needs.

My plan is to get used to using the Ooma Telo system before dumping my Bell Canada landline. I want to see how reliable it is, audio quality, etc. before porting my phone number over to the Ooma system, likely in a couple of months. Being 70-years old, I'm going to take my time at this.

Is there a way to incorporate my Panasonic cordless phone system (a base station, plus 3 wireless remote phones throughout the house) into the Ooma system, and still have access to the landline phone number for now?

Thanks again for your knowledge!
#105316 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:09 pm
inhaliburton wrote:Is there a way to incorporate my Panasonic cordless phone system (a base station, plus 3 wireless remote phones throughout the house) into the Ooma system, and still have access to the landline phone number for now?

You can only do it if your cordless phone system is a 2 line system.

If just a single line phone system, forward your landline phone (if your landline account has the feature) to your Ooma number so you'd receive all the calls on Ooma. Dialing out would show your Ooma number as outgoing callerid though. To connect the Panasonic as well as the GE phone to the Ooma, you can get one of these duplex splitters.

#105318 by inhaliburton
Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:46 pm
Thank you for that.

I don't know if it's a 2-line system. Originally when we moved in here, we were given 3 numbers. We eventually told ma Bell to cancel the extra 2 because they had been previously used by a resort. Hence, we had many late night calls...

If it's a 2-liner, you mentioned that the Panasonic wireless system could be used with the Telo.

Thank you again.
#105328 by inhaliburton
Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:39 am
Hi lbmofo,

Mine is a KX-TG6431CT, a single line.

Do you think plugging a duplex splitter into the Panasonic with one cord going to the Ooma Telo and the other into the landline wall socket might possibly work?
#105339 by inhaliburton
Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:23 am
Ah, yes. I recall reading in the online manual how to do that now that you mention damaging the Oomo. Isolating the house-wired phones where the line enters the house is the way to do it. That will happen when I eventually port my phone number to Telo.

Thank you!