Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#105225 by Tunisiano32
Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:06 pm
I bought tons of gadget before and Ooma Taleo by far the most annoying product to install.
First I spent almost 2 hours just to figure out the flashing red issue.
Second,it took me another couple hours to make an in-bound call. Now I can't do an outbound call. and it keep playing "The phone number that you're calling is disconnected".
I'm really tired and the phone is not working yet, tried to reboot modem and ooma. tried the forum and I still can't figure it out.
The problem is that I'm a programmer and I have some knowledge about hardware. I'm not sure how the regular user that don't know a lot about hardwares will install this?
I'm seriously thinking about returning it to amazon.
#105227 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:21 pm
Tunisiano32:
Some times powering off the Ooma Telo for one hour, then repowering the Ooma Telo will help with this problem. Powering off the Ooma Telo allows the Ooma Servers to rebuild/correct your Ooma Profile.

Since you have a trail Ooma Premier service, you can go into My Ooma and set up the second phone number. After you set up the second phone number, make and receive calls with the second phone number for testing.

If the second phone number functions okay, contact Ooma Customer Service with the first phone number problem.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Hours: Weekdays 7am-7pm PT, Weekends 8am-5pm PT
#105231 by lbmofo
Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:19 pm
Tunisiano32 wrote:Now I can only make local calls to 425 but won't work with long distance.

If you are used to dialing 10 digits, turn on 10-digit dialing here:

https://my.ooma.com/system

10-digit dialing lets you make long-distance calls without dialing the initial 1, just like on your cell phone.

This can introduce a short delay if you dial 7 digits for local calls. Press # after you dial to put the call through immediately.
#105238 by Tom
Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:16 pm
10-digit dialing is now enabled on your account.

First thing the telo will do when installed is download the latest version. This process will suspend/resume with
each call you make, so unless you need to make some urgent calls best thing to do is wait for the unit to reboot
into the latest version and then start using the device.