Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#105024 by pete_c
Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:52 am
I have multiple VOIP and Analog lines here and currently utilize the analog port out to one multi line telephone set up that I have. That said I am currently testing a newer for Ooma Telo only generic DECT 6.0 telephone with a few bells and whistles.

I am currently leaving the analog port use and phones plugged in while I test the DECT 6.0 phone.

The phone paired up just fine. I can hear a dial tone on it but cannot dial out nor access the Ooma Telo features of intercom, mailbox, et al.

Am I doing something wrong? Or cannot I do both analog and DECT at the same time?

Or do I need two lines enabled on the Ooma Telo to utilize the DECT 6.0 phone?

I was able to get it to work. I went to the combo DECT mode. Enabled registeration. It did not provide a pin though for registeration. I guessed it to be 0000 and it worked and registered the DECT phone. It now can dial out and use all of the extra features of the DECT phone. (its one of those color screen ones with numerous menu options).
#105087 by lbmofo
Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:32 pm
The only way to use a non Ooma DECT phone system/cordless handset is by plugging the phone base into the "phone" port of Ooma.
#105121 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:13 pm
pete_c wrote:I was able to get it to work. I went to the combo DECT mode. Enabled registeration. It did not provide a pin though for registeration. I guessed it to be 0000 and it worked and registered the DECT phone. It now can dial out and use all of the extra features of the DECT phone. (its one of those color screen ones with numerous menu options).

Besides the DECT 6.0 phone, do you have a Ooma HD2 handset?

What are some of the differences between the DECT 6.0 phone that you were able to use with the Ooma Telo, and the Ooma HD2 handset?
#105209 by heinz
Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:51 pm
lbmofo wrote:The only way to use a non Ooma DECT phone system/cordless handset is by plugging the phone base into the "phone" port of Ooma.

I go phone jack to ooma receiver and plug my phone base in upstairs off another jack. Works fine here.
#105215 by Leeway
Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:14 pm
If all phone jacks in your home are activated, it doesn't make any difference where you plug a cordless base phone in. I do not have any phone attached to my Telo itself. My base is in the kitchen.

Donna