Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#104359 by Will94
Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:22 pm
I have one more question that I am afraid I know the answer to. I've been using Verizon for both my land line and 3 Mbit DSL for the past six years. I hate dealing with them. I checked out Earthlink DSL and they claimed they could deliver 7 Mbit DSL to me, so I switched. Part of the reason that I did that was to separate my DSL from my phone service. I want to port my current phone number to Ooma.

Earthlink works great, and they did more than double my download speed, but when I go to speedtest.net, it shows that Verizon is still my Internet provider. Am I still going to have to call Verizon to make this separation? I can't imagine that they will be very helpful in removing me as a paying customer. They've never been very helpful before.

Thank you.

#104361 by lbmofo
Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:59 pm
EarthLink may need your active Verizon phone line in order to serve you. Call EarthLink and ask them what would happen if you cancelled your home phone? (For you, you wouldn't cancel but port your number out but at the end, your phone service would be disconnected). viewtopic.php?t=14819#p103667