Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#102576 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:39 am
playsccr wrote:so i connect my phones base into the telo and then what gets connect into the linx??

will this setup allow me to avoid having to buy ooma headsets and use my panasonic wireless headseats?

Look at the Panasonic wireless phone base and see if it has two phone jacks for phone line inputs.

If it does, then your would connect a phone cord from the Ooma Telo phone port to one of the Panasonic phone base phone jacks. Then a phone cord from the Linx device phone port would be connected to the other Wireless Panasonic phone jack.

If there is only one phone jack on the back of the Panasonic wireless phone base, a cheap reverse phone line splitter is purchased locally and used to combine the two phone cord inputs into the Panasonic Wireless phone base phone jack.
#102577 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 am
playsccr wrote:so what do i need to purchase to have 2 simultaneous calls working off my 2 line base? i also need to have a dedicated 3rd line as a fax. the fax does not need work when there are 2 simultaneous calls going.

So i need to buy the telo, and how many linx???

and just to confirm no ooma headseats???

Primer service and a third line.

Two Ooma Linx and no HD2 handsets.

More info:
One note, the Newly release HD2 handset have a headphone jack, that a headphone can be plugged into.

The New HD2 handsets are much, much better then to older Telo Handsets.
#102580 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:18 am
playsccr, if you can live with 2 simultaneous calls and not 3, you can just get a Telo and 2 Linxes. 1 Linx for your 2nd line and 1 Linx for your fax. You'd need to create private groups for both Linxes and assign your 2nd number to 1 and 3rd number to another. Keep in mind, in order to keep more than 1 number with Ooma, you'd need Premier. 3rd number is $4.99 a month on top. Telo's phone port you'd connect to L1/2 of your phone. One Linx you'd connect to L2 of your phone. Of course, the other Linx is for your fax.

If you must have 3 simultaneous calls, you must get 2 Telos and 1 Linx. 1 Telo on Premier with 2 numbers (1 number assigned to the Linx). The other Telo can be on basic for fax line.
#102582 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:29 am
thunderbird wrote:If there is only one phone jack on the back of the Panasonic wireless phone base, a cheap reverse phone line splitter is purchased locally and used to combine the two phone cord inputs into the Panasonic Wireless phone base phone jack.

For those of you with only 1 phone jack on a 2 line phone system, you can use one of these:

L1+L2.JPG
L1+L2.JPG (7 KiB) Viewed 5640 times

L1+L2.gif
L1+L2.gif (27.18 KiB) Viewed 5640 times

Telo "phone" port can go to L1
Linx "phone" port can go to L2
The plug can go to the single jack 2 line phone base.
Last edited by lbmofo on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#102588 by playsccr
Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:52 am
lbmofo wrote:playsccr, if you can live with 2 simultaneous calls and not 3, you can just get a Telo and 2 Linxes. 1 Linx for your 2nd line and 1 Linx for your fax. You'd need to create private groups for both Linxes and assign your 2nd number to 1 and 3rd number to another. Keep in mind, in order to keep more than 1 number with Ooma, you'd need Premier. 3rd number is $4.99 a month on top. Telo's phone port you'd connect to L1/2 of your phone. One Linx you'd connect to L2 of your phone. Of course, the other Linx is for your fax.

If you must have 3 simultaneous calls, you must get 2 Telos and 1 Linx. 1 Telo on Premier with 2 numbers (1 number assigned to the Linx). The other Telo can be on basic for fax line.

i can live with 2 simulatenous calls. i will never be faxing at the same time i will be using both my main line.

with my 2 telephone lines, will they both ring on each wireless headset throughout the house or only on certain ones connected to the linx?
#102596 by lbmofo
Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:57 pm
In my.ooma.com phone preferences, you can create a private account for one of your Linxes and assign a number to it.

By doing so, whatever is connected to your Telo will ring separately than what's connected to your private Linx.

But if you leave the Linx in the main account (with Telo in the main account as well), whenever your numbers in the main account are called, all phones will ring. When dialing out though, your primary number on the main account will be the outgoing callerid. You can go around this on per call basis by using prefix **1 to show secondary number as outgoing callerid.

For the fax though, you probably want to create a private account for 1 Linx and assign your 3rd number to it. So that you can connect your fax to that Linx and your 3rd number would only ring your fax.
#102616 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:46 pm
Or with three phone lines, you can use the Main account for one line, and create two private accounts, one for each of the other lines, with one Linx device and one phone number in each private account. Each account would ring separately and would have its own E-mail account.

So you have a lot of options to think about.
#102620 by murphy
Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:11 pm
playsccr wrote:thank you everyone.

i want my 2 lines to ring on all phones throughout the house.

and have 1 dedicated line for the fax.

so it sounds like i need 1 telo, 2 linx.

and a Premier subscription.
I recommend getting it a year in advance so you get a free number port.