Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#102564 by playsccr
Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:13 am
currently have the following set up:

2 separate landline numbers that are used simultaneously and frequently
1 dedicated fax line that is used sparingly, but does have its own fax number.

basically i have 3 separate phone numbers....all could be used at the same time, i e 2 people are talking on the 2 phone lines and i could be receiving a fax.

i have a 2 line cordless phone system that i would want both numbers to ring to and to all the handsets.

Base: Panasonic KX-TG9322T 2-Line DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone, Metallic Black, 2 Handsets
cordless: Panasonic KX-TGA939T Extra Handset for KX-TG93XX Cordless Phones Series

i want to move to ooma, either the telo or hub, however, i am unsure what the setup would look like and whether this is even possible?? and what i need to buy?

i am looking for:

1. which ooma system to buy: hub or telo?
2. the physical setup?

thanks.
#102566 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:54 am
playsccr:
Using the Ooma Telo you could have three lines or more, ten dollars a month for Premier, and five dollars a month for the third extra fax line, plus taxes at a rate of whatever your locality charges, usually less then five dollars.

But only two lines can be used at one time using the Omma Telo.

You would have to subscribe to Ooma Primer, and either use one Ooma Telo HD2 handset, or the Ooma Linx device, to support two lines at the same time.

Private accounts could be setup, in My Ooma, for the second and third numbers (probably only needed for the Fax account), and an addional Ooma Linx could be used for this line also.

If you have to have three or more lines in operation, then some people have installed more then one Ooma Telo.

The Ooma Hub is obsolete and probably would be difficult and more costly to obtain equipment, without the support that the Ooma Telo has.

What we are hearing, is that probably within a year more Ooma equipment will be released that will fill your needs much better.
#102567 by playsccr
Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:56 am
thank you for the reply.

is there a way to use my current 2 lines cordless headsets with the telo instead of having to buy the headsets from ooma.

i have 5 rooms where i need phones to be in that work with both dedicated lines.

also what is the physical setup?
#102568 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:02 am
playsccr wrote:thank you for the reply.

is there a way to use my current 2 lines cordless headsets with the telo insteal of having to buy the headsets from ooma.

what is the physical setup?

If the Current 2 Line cordless phone has two phone cord inputs, yes.

One would connect directly to the Ooma Telo Phone port.

The other would connect directly to the Wireless DECT Ooma Linx phone port extender.

Or if your Current 2 Line cordless phone has only one phone cord input, a reverse phone cord splitter can be purchased joining the Ooma Telo Phone port output, and the Ooma Linx phone port output, to use only one phone cord connected to the Current 2 Line cordless phone system input.
#102570 by murphy
Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:10 am
That is a 2 line base.
It needs 2 phone lines connected to it.
One line comes from the Telo and the other line comes from the Linx.
#102572 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:23 am
Murphy is right.

Only one line comes directly from the Omma phone port, which only supports one Line.

But indirectly the Linx connects from the Ooma Telo wirelessly, to and provides the Second line, (or a third line using a second Ooma Linx, etc. or up to four Linx devices or not to exceed a combination of four Linx devices and HD2 handsets.)

But remember only two Ooma Telo lines can be used at one time.

You will still use your Panasonic cordless phones.
Last edited by thunderbird on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#102575 by playsccr
Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:36 am
so what do i need to purchase to have 2 simultaneous calls working off my 2 line base? i also need to have a dedicated 3rd line as a fax. the fax does not need work when there are 2 simultaneous calls going.

So i need to buy the telo, and how many linx???

and just to confirm no ooma headseats???