Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#8781 by bhowells
Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:06 pm
Set up the Ooma system today. All is fine with it. However I have a Windows Small Business Server running Exchange. My internet connection has a static IP address. I can no longer receive email at the server and I can't access Outlook Web Access (port 443).

What do i need to do to get all to play together?

Thanks for any help.

Bill
#8783 by tommies
Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
I don't have any experiences with the Exchange server. However, the more info you provide, the easier for others to help. How is the ooma hub fit into your network, and how is the thing connected together?

Be aware of colliding of ip addresses between your LAN. Until you give more detail about your setup, all I can do is giving some general advice.
#8793 by bhowells
Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:33 pm
Thanks for your reply.

Cable modem
-->Ooma
-->router/switch (plugged into Home port)
-->server & workstations

Ooma is using default IP (172...) settings. My server is handling DHCP for my network (192.168...).

Internet and phone work fine. Remote access to mail server does NOT work. Inside my network when I put my external IP address in a browser I get the Ooma set up but I want to get my server when I do that.

Perhaps I need port forwarding to resolve the problem with outside access to my server?
#8794 by koehn
Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:55 pm
In general, if your router is inside the ooma, you'll want to give it a static IP address (in the 172... network) and tell Ooma to put it in the DMZ. Then all your router configuration should work as it did pre-ooma.
#8842 by bhowells
Fri May 01, 2009 12:59 pm
Whoops. I spoke too soon. I can receive calls fine. Someone can call me and we can have a conversation as expected.

However when I try to call out I hear the dial tone and can make the call. Once I dial the number I hear nothing else. The phone of the person I call rings but when they answer they don't hear anything either. So basically I call out, the connection is made but we can't hear each other.

Any ideas?

Bill