Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#102081 by chill22740
Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:48 pm
First, I would like to say, this handset is very nice. I complained about battery problems on Gen1 and this HD2 appears to have rechargeable AA's which is REALLY NICE!

With that being said, is there any way to use my Gen 1 HD Ooma handset AND my new HD2? It appears I can only use my NEW HD2 and the HD is now useless.

Thanks!
#102086 by thunderbird
Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:21 pm
chill22740 wrote:First, I would like to say, this handset is very nice. I complained about battery problems on Gen1 and this HD2 appears to have rechargeable AA's which is REALLY NICE!

With that being said, is there any way to use my Gen 1 HD Ooma handset AND my new HD2? It appears I can only use my NEW HD2 and the HD is now useless.

Thanks!

No, the first generation Telo handsets and second generation HD2 handset can not be used connected to the same Ooma Telo at the same time.

From the current Ooma Telo firmware build on, there are two sets of firmwares installed. One is for the old Ooma Teo handsets, and one is for the new HD2 handset. Only one of these two firmwares can be loaded in the Ooma Telo at one time. It's an either or choise, but not both.

Star commands dialing using a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone Port.
dial *#*#191 to unregister 1st HD2 handset
dial *#*#192 to unregister 2nd HD2 handset
dial *#*#193 to unregister 3rd HD2 handset
dial *#*#194 to unregister 4th HD2 handset
or
dial *#*#199 to unregister all HD2 handsets

dial *#*#301 switches to the old Ooma Telo handset firmware
dial *#*#302 switches to the new HD2 Ooma Telo handset firmware
Last edited by thunderbird on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
#102089 by chill22740
Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:35 pm
Thanks for the quick update. Kind of a bummer, but... The HD2 is a far superior phone and I will likely just buy another HD2 and retire the HD.

Thanks!