Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#8682 by drfstuff
Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:13 am
Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to set the hub behind my linksys wireless router so I can use my Panasonic network cam? Right now, the cam cannot be viewed through the internet web address because the hub is blocking the local address. I need to know if I have to manually change any IP addresses for the modem etc. Right now the router sees the hub default address 172.27.35.1. If the router is placed first, will the computer automatically reset the router to the default 192.168.1.1 vs the hub IP address?

Or can I just "switch" the router and hub and not have to manually reconfigure anything?
thanks.
#8683 by WayneDsr
Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:26 am
When I first set mine up I put the ooma hub in front of the router.
Later, I decided to change and all I did was plug it in the router and off she went. It worked much better in that position.

Wayne
#8685 by drfstuff
Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:05 pm
So all you did was run the modem cable directly to the router vs the hub, and connect the hub to router via ethernet cable to the "modem" input on the back of the hub. Correct?

When I tried that, I could not get any internet from the router...which should be easy since Ooma is not a factor. That's why I suspected that the hub reconfigured the router IP address to its Ooma)default vs the normal default router settings. I guess I need to let the computer reconfigure the wireless