Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#8639 by skasin
Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:16 pm
please don't make me wait a long time to get engineering to call back or fix my dead hub! that's right my hub died today at 5:30 eastern time. i spent 1 hour on the phone with the service group. ultimately referred over to engineering. i don't know when this is going to be fixed, just know that verizon is coming tomorrow...i want my ooma back...ever since the 13 of April, phone service seems spotty.

please help me engineering, i love ooma - however resolution doesn't seem to be around the corner...
#8655 by niknak
Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:02 am
Exactly what is the problem? You need to give us more information....what light pattern does the ooma hub show?
When you say it is dead...are you sure the ooma tab intensity control is not turned down? What does your hookup look like? What kind of internet service do you use? etc.
#8657 by skasin
Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:35 am
I spent 45 minutes with ooma tech support - it did the impressive light show to reset, after we reset it, it now has 6 steady red lights on in a row - has been on that pattern now for 17 hours. I am sure that the intensity control is on, it has shinned red all night. Hook up is straight into the modem, I use the same internet service I have since I got ooma - Comcast 16 meg ... Thank you. Stuart
#8661 by WayneDsr
Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:15 am
I'm sure CS has probably asked you these same questions but we have to know too, sorry for the repeat:

Do you have ooma WITH a landline or ooma WITHOUT a landline?

You say you have internet. Are you getting internet through the HOME port of the ooma hub?

If not, connect to the HOME port on the ooma hub. Go to setup.ooma.com
Tell us what it says on the home page. While you're there, can you also surf the internet?

Do you have the WALL port on the ooma hub connected to anything?

Make sure the cat 5 cable to the modem (MODEM on ooma to modem) is plugged in. Unplug it then plug it back in to make sure connections are seated firmly. Also try a different cable while you're at it.

That's enough for now.

Wayne
#8665 by WayneDsr
Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:30 am
Working fine since November can mean that either your ooma hub died, or something else did. (like a cable or a port) OR something changed, like an added firewall.
If you have the option of plugging ooma into a different port, do that, ports do go bad.

Wayne
#8694 by skasin
Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:37 pm
2 Comcast Techs and Ooma Tech declaring the HUB dead - I kept playing around with the service and configuration - turns out through my own efforts found out the modem died. Replaced it today! Voila, up! Thanks ooma for the patience. love the service!!!! Stuart
#8706 by niknak
Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:54 pm
... I kept playing around with the service and configuration - turns out through my own efforts found out the modem died...

Just wondering how you had internet service if the modem died?