Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#100647 by macminn18
Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:56 pm
I'm having trouble getting my ooma to work with my house wiring. I unplugged the 2 plugs in the box, no dialtone.
Attachments
phone box.jpg
phone box.jpg (114.34 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
#100652 by fognet
Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:22 pm
My OOMA is down. All I have been getting is the red flashing OOMA logo. Is anyone else lost service?
#100653 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:00 pm
fognet wrote:My OOMA is down. All I have been getting is the red flashing OOMA logo. Is anyone else lost service?

Ooma is up and runing.
Unpower the Modem, Ooma and Router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma or Router, which ever device is next in line. When the Ooma or Router is done booting, repower the Router or Ooma whichever is next in line.
#100656 by thunderbird
Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:43 pm
macminn18 wrote:I'm having trouble getting my ooma to work with my house wiring. I unplugged the 2 plugs in the box, no dialtone.

Setup:
Before disconnecting any wires, tag each wire as to color and terminal position it is on before you start removing and stowing wires.

Draw your self a picture if you have to.

Insulate each removed wire terminal lug or bare wire with electrical tape to keep the lugs or bare wires from touching each other etc., before stowing the removed wires.

Procedure:
Follow/trace and disconnect the old provider phone cable wires, that comes up through the conduit from the ground, from the terminal studs, in the termnal box, where they are attached.

Then plug the plugs back in.

Then route a phone cord from your Ooma Telo Phone port, to a house Wall phone jack. If you want a phone to be located near your Ooma Telo, use a phone cord splitter.

Check for dial tone through out your home.
#100680 by macminn18
Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:45 am
Thunderbird, you're the man! Works great now! Most importantly, my wife is happy, which means I'm happy.

Thanks much for your help. :D