Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#100502 by JudiHurd
Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:47 am
Thanks. I just know tho, that when I disconnected all 3 outside phone jacks, I no longer had internet. I already have my "ooma phone" connected to the Ooma unit which is connected to a wall (phone) outlet. I'll try disconnecting the outside jacks again....
Thanks.....
#100532 by lbmofo
Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:46 pm
JudiHurd wrote:Thanks. I just know tho, that when I disconnected all 3 outside phone jacks, I no longer had internet. I already have my "ooma phone" connected to the Ooma unit which is connected to a wall (phone) outlet. I'll try disconnecting the outside jacks again....
Thanks.....

I wouldn't connect your Ooma "phone" port to a walljack until you figured out what's going on. Disconnect all 3 modular plugs in the NIB, verify that your internet and hence Ooma is working, then connect Ooma "phone" port to a walljack.
#100577 by JudiHurd
Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:34 am
Was finally successful in unplugging all 3 phone jacks outside and still get internet. But when I plug in the phone cord from the "wall" outlet in the Ooma unit to the wall jack inside the house....no dialtone on any of the other phones. Sigh. Any more ideas?

Thanks again!
Judi
#100580 by 2spirit
Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:47 am
Judi,
The connection must go from the Ooma "Phone" port to your wall jack. If your Telo has a "Wall" port, do not use it . . . it should be left empty.
#100595 by murphy
Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:49 pm
JudiHurd wrote:Then I am confused. If the phone plugs into the wall, how does it connect with the Ooma device? Thanks, Judi

Connect a phone cable from the Phone jack on the Telo to the nearest phone jack on the wall of your room.
If you also need to connect a telephone at that point use a phone line splitter.
#100596 by lbmofo
Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:07 pm
JudiHurd wrote:Then I am confused. If the phone plugs into the wall, how does it connect with the Ooma device? Thanks, Judi

What murphy said. Connect a phone cord from Ooma's "phone" port to your walljack on the wall. If you need to plug in your phone as well, use one of these duplex splitters: