Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#100313 by dinotheo
Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:14 pm
Hey all,
I just received a Telo today. I am trying to connect it and I get nothing but flashing red. Let me start by saying that I suspect that the "To Internet" nic may be bad. It never gets link lights. If I plug a "live" ethernet cable into it, I get no link lights. That same cable plugged into the Home Network nic, I get link lights. I have a fairly complex network at home. Multiple switches with DNS and DHCP servers. I tried connecting the Telo right into one of my switches, I tried connecting it directly to my modem (between the modem and router). When I did this, I lost internet connectivity to my router.
I am thinking that none of this matter since I cannot even get link lights to come up on the Telo's "Internet" nic.

Any help would be appreciated
#100340 by thunderbird
Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:37 am
dinotheo wrote:Hey all,
I just received a Telo today. I am trying to connect it and I get nothing but flashing red. Let me start by saying that I suspect that the "To Internet" nic may be bad. It never gets link lights. If I plug a "live" ethernet cable into it, I get no link lights. That same cable plugged into the Home Network nic, I get link lights. I have a fairly complex network at home. Multiple switches with DNS and DHCP servers. I tried connecting the Telo right into one of my switches, I tried connecting it directly to my modem (between the modem and router). When I did this, I lost internet connectivity to my router.
I am thinking that none of this matter since I cannot even get link lights to come up on the Telo's "Internet" nic.

Any help would be appreciated

If there is no flashing light and solid light at the Ooma Telo Internet port, when a known working Internet cable with an active Internet signal, is connected to the Ooma Telo Internet port, the Ooma Telo is probably defective.

You could contact Ooma Customer Support and have them send you another Ooma Telo. Ooma will send out another Ooma Telo shipping prepaid. They will also send a prepaid shipping label to send the defective Ooma Telo back. Just connect the replacement Ooma Telo and you are ready to go.
Or
You could take the Ooma Telo back to the place where you purchased it and exchange it for another Ooma Telo. In that case you have to call Ooma Customer Support to swith you Ooma profile from the Old Ooma to the replacement Ooma Telo.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST