Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#99147 by tpir72
Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:08 pm
Hi,
I have had a setup that is cable modem to router with hubs and PCs fed out of this router. I have been experiencing more and more call issues in the past few months. OOMA support suggests that I put the hub prior to the router. Problem is I have two hubs. I'll assume I need to reset the defaults on the hubs before trying this. I have a very specific config to make them work right now after the router.
Is there a guide showing modem/hub/hub/router and other devices? I have tried to find details abut a setup with two hubs prior to the router but nothing specific enough for me to attempt it.

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,

Terry
#99154 by tpir72
Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 pm
Thank you very much. I ran Speedtest last night and it looked great. My biggest problem with one of the two OOMA Hub's is that after 2 -3 minutes with a blue light and dial tone, suddenly it will disconnect and turn red. It never finds itself again without a reboot.

I thought it was a heat issue but that isn't the case. I have had so many issues with OOMA that I am really close to going back to V***ge.

Regards,

Terry
#99155 by lbmofo
Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:31 pm
"Optimal Setup" posts for your reference:

If after Router - viewtopic.php?t=12403

If before Router - viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155

Do the optimal setup for after router to see if it helps.

If you do the above and still have the same issue, then maybe your router is the problem. Plug the problematic Ooma into another router LAN port. For example, I have 2 Ooma devices connected to my router as well. One of them loses VPN connection once in a while. Only way to get it back online is to reboot the router. I found a specific LAN port of my router having this issue; if I swap the LAN ports of my Ooma devices the device connected to the problem LAN port loses connection consistently (once in a while). Not sure why but I am thinking my router is having issues.