Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#98319 by mistyfog
Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:28 am
Hi,

I might have missed this somewhere -...

We just installed the OOMA off our cable modem to test the system. We attached an old touchtone phone and registered the OOMA box online. All was well for the first week - the phone works fine for receiving/calling. Voicemail seems ok, though we have not recorded a message yet.

Today, the OOMA box flower is solid purple and it repeats a message about registering the handset (not an OOMA handset), and provides a PIN.

Is there some other setup I need to do?

Thanks,
misty
#98321 by thunderbird
Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:49 am
mistyfog wrote:Hi,

I might have missed this somewhere -...

We just installed the OOMA off our cable modem to test the system. We attached an old touchtone phone and registered the OOMA box online. All was well for the first week - the phone works fine for receiving/calling. Voicemail seems ok, though we have not recorded a message yet.

Today, the OOMA box flower is solid purple and it repeats a message about registering the handset (not an OOMA handset), and provides a PIN.

Is there some other setup I need to do?

Thanks,
misty

Remove power from the Ooma Telo. Wait five minutes. Restore power to the Ooma Telo.
#99120 by Bitgod
Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:02 pm
Odd, came here searching on the same issue. I was just sitting there watching the ballgame and playing my Vita (yes, I multi-task), and the ooma started beeping at me and giving me a pin #, nothing had touched the unit. The antenna light was blinking, so I tried tapping it, but that didn't do anything. At the moment, the center light is still purple, but the antenna light isn't blinking and it hasn't talked to me in a few minutes. I'll let it sit, but if it starts up again, I'll unplug it for few minutes.