Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#98259 by kevindb85
Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:53 am
I'm upgrading my entire network tomorrow, and I'm considering this router as well. Does anyone have any experience with this router, and how it works with Ooma? Any problems, or any recommended settings?
Right now, I have it on a Linksys WRT54GL, with no speacial settings, and it sounds as good (maybe better) than the landline. Faxing works great also, and I don't even have it turned all the way down to basic.

Any experience from others would be greatly appreciated!
By the way, this is my first post. I read the forum quite a bit before buying, and it was very helpful.
#98263 by lbmofo
Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:23 pm
Unless you plan to have lots of 802.11ac 5G Wi-Fi clients for R6300, maybe take a look at your selections again.

I too was looking at a few routers recently, and enjoyed looking up Cnet reviews (especially page 2 of these reviews).

NetGear R6300 WiFi Router

The ones I was looking at:

Cisco Linksys E4200 v2

Linksys E4200

Netgear WNDR3800 N600

Asus RT-N56U

After taking a look, since I didn't have any 450mbps clients and don't plan to use NAS file sharing feature (I was only looking at combo of 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi performance) I decided on getting the Linksys E4200 (original version). Then, I ended up not pulling the trigger because I thought my existing D-Link DIR-825 is good enough for now since I only use 2.4GHz now.
#98270 by kevindb85
Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:41 pm
I also looked at most of those, and no doubt, the R6300 is WAY more than I need, but I'm needing to re-do my whole network now, and I'm going to include a smart tv, Blu-Ray, A brand new laptop that is top of the line, etc. I'm trying to decide between the R6300, and the linksys EA3500. to "future proof" a little bit. I want the one that will work best with Ooma, and not cause me any hassle once set up.
#98275 by lbmofo
Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:59 pm
If it is between Linksys and Netgear, I'd go with Linksys. I am biased because I've touched a couple of Netgear devices before and I've had to deal with hassles (not stable and/or run into some setup trouble). On the other hand, all experiences I had with Linksys have been steller.
#98390 by kevindb85
Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:41 am
I ended up going with the R6300. It's setup is a easy as it could get, and went quickly and flawlessly. It really extended the range of the signal in the house, and works perfectly with Ooma, with out even using any QOS, just plug it in and it's ready to go. I just hope it stays stable. It even allowed my daughter's smartphone to stay connected, which it never could with my old network.
Thanks for the info.
#99320 by Ely
Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:51 pm
I have the R6300 and Ooma works like a charm with it, no problems at all what so ever.
#102863 by Dlavitz
Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:18 pm
How did you hook up the ooma with the netgear r6300 router? I have a uniden landline also, and I can't figure how to hook up the router, modem, ooma and landline together.

Thanks