Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#98011 by televisionengineer
Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 pm
Hello,

My Ooma Telo will work for maybe a week, maybe two weeks. It isn't dependable. My hookup is probably unusual, but necessary due to physical limitations. It is connected MODEM --> ROUTER --> WIFI --> BRIDGE --> OOMA. The router and bridge are both Linksys, both are DHCP. All equipment is on UPS. When it works, it works good.

Sometimes the Ooma will recover, but it may take a day or two. Is there some special programming I need to do on either the Ooma or the router or the bridge?
#98012 by thunderbird
Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:33 pm
televisionengineer wrote:Hello,

My Ooma Telo will work for maybe a week, maybe two weeks. It isn't dependable. My hookup is probably unusual, but necessary due to physical limitations. It is connected MODEM --> ROUTER --> WIFI --> BRIDGE --> OOMA. The router and bridge are both Linksys, both are DHCP. All equipment is on UPS. When it works, it works good.

Sometimes the Ooma will recover, but it may take a day or two. Is there some special programming I need to do on either the Ooma or the router or the bridge?

Probably if you eliminate the bridge for Ooma Telo use; purchase, install, and use the Ooma Telo Wireless Wi-Fi USB dongle connected directly to the Router Wi-Fi signal, your problem will be solved.

https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-wireless-adapter
Last edited by thunderbird on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#98013 by lbmofo
Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:36 pm
Do you have other things connected to the bridge that get knocked off of internet as well?

If you have to stick with a bridge, I found D-Link DAP-1522 to be very reliable and stable. Check this out: /viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13450&start=20#p97898

I had a couple of other bridges installed in my network before and they would drop connection from time to time and never recover by itself. I either had to reboot the bridge or router & bridge together. That was a pain until I found DAP-1522.
#98050 by lbmofo
Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:48 am
To further optimize setup, you can follow the "after the router" route:

lbmofo wrote:"Optimal Setup" posts for your reference:

If after Router - viewtopic.php?t=12403

If before Router - viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155

You can do this even before you swap out the bridge. In your setup, even though your Ooma is connected to the bridge, you can consdier your Ooma connected to router. Make sure you disable the DHCP on your bridge and have your router handle that.
#107742 by billbo56
Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:49 am
I just started using Ooma. I get knocked off line when I pick up the phone. Receive router message " Wireless Network Connection doesn't have valid configuration." I have the telo set up between the modem and router. Checked internet speed, about 8mbs up. Have the Qos setting at 1000. Any help would be appreciated.
#107746 by lbmofo
Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:34 pm
billbo56 wrote:I just started using Ooma. I get knocked off line when I pick up the phone. Receive router message " Wireless Network Connection doesn't have valid configuration." I have the telo set up between the modem and router. Checked internet speed, about 8mbs up. Have the Qos setting at 1000. Any help would be appreciated.

Upload QoS of 1000 is 1Mbps. Did you mean to do that? Step through the Optimal setup above.
#107748 by EX Bell
Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 pm
billbo56 wrote:I just started using Ooma. I get knocked off line when I pick up the phone. Receive router message " Wireless Network Connection doesn't have valid configuration." I have the telo set up between the modem and router. Checked internet speed, about 8mbs up. Have the Qos setting at 1000. Any help would be appreciated.

Is it possible you have a cordless phone that is interfering with your WiFi? This was the case for me [See this post]. I has an older Uniden phone that was dropping my WiFi every time I picked it up. Never noticed it before I bought the Telo becuase it was upstairs and my old plaster walls were enough to block it from interfering. When I brought the Telo home, I brought those phones downstairs to test it and that's when I discovered the issue.

I bought a Panasonic Dect 6 (see my signature) and I've never had any further problems with dropping WiFi.
#107749 by thunderbird
Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:08 pm
billbo56 wrote:I just started using Ooma. I get knocked off line when I pick up the phone.

Are you using Ooma HD2 handsets, or cordless phones or what to answer the phone? Try using a different phone.
billbo56 wrote:Receive router message " Wireless Network Connection doesn't have valid configuration."

Are you using a Wireless Internet connection?
billbo56 wrote:I have the telo set up between the modem and router.

Who is your Internet provider?
billbo56 wrote:Checked internet speed, about 8mbs up. Have the Qos setting at 1000.
Any help would be appreciated.

Run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see how your modem and Internet connection is doing. Then click on the Advance tab on the lower left side of the Phonepower page, and post the following values here in this thread, by clicking on "Quote" in the upper right hand corner of this Ooma Forum post. Then fill in the blanks.

Download Speed: ________________
Upload Speed: ________________
Download Consistency of Service ________
Upload Consistency of Service _________
Maximum TCP Delay _____________
Jitter you server __________
Jitter server you _________
Packet loss: you server_______
Packet loss: server you ______
Packet discards _________
Packets out of order _________
Estimated MOS score ________