Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#97178 by cabinoy
Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm
I have Ooma telo and telo handset. I also have 2 Panasonic cordless phones. I have 2 phone numbers too, from Premier.
Now, I want to assign first ph# to first Panasonic phone, and the second ph# to the second Panasonic phone. How can I do that ?
#97179 by murphy
Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 pm
cabinoy wrote:I have Ooma telo and telo handset. I also have 2 Panasonic cordless phones. I have 2 phone numbers too, from Premier.
Now, I want to assign first ph# to first Panasonic phone, and the second ph# to the second Panasonic phone. How can I do that ?

It's not possible.
You can assign your second phone number to the Telo handset by making the Telo handset a personal device.
#97198 by cabinoy
Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:31 am
Ok, that's what I thought, just wanted to confirm. Handset do not have enough features that works for me, so I really needed to use normal cordless phones (seperate) for both numbers. Thanks for the info.
#97212 by dsinternet
Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:09 am
Here is an idea...but it cost more $$$ for you.
You could get another Telo unit (I notice a groupon deal for $99 if you sign up for Premier for 10 months). Then you would have two phone systems. This would cost you about $200 (Telo plus 10 months) upfront and then it would be around $4 per month in taxes in the future. Like I said it cost extra money...I would say its not worth it.
I have a Telo unit also, but it sounds like the old Scout system might have solved your problem; but they no longer make the Scout anymore :cry: and it has never been part of the newer Telo system.

The new Telo handset should be coming out some time in the future. What things are you looking for that the Telo does not have?
#97213 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:08 pm
There is a Scout like device for Telo in the works coming out soon after the release of the new Telo handset. TBD on the date yet but should be months after new Telo handset vs years.
#97214 by dsinternet
Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:50 pm
lbmofo wrote:There is a Scout like device for Telo in the works coming out soon after the release of the new Telo handset. TBD on the date yet but should be months after new Telo handset vs years.

Looking forward to the Scout like device. I have heard a lot of good things from the Ooma Forum elders. :-)