How to setup 2 phones

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
cabinoy

How to setup 2 phones

Post by cabinoy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:05 pm

I have Ooma telo and telo handset. I also have 2 Panasonic cordless phones. I have 2 phone numbers too, from Premier.
Now, I want to assign first ph# to first Panasonic phone, and the second ph# to the second Panasonic phone. How can I do that ?

murphy

Re: How to setup 2 phones

Post by murphy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:21 pm

cabinoy wrote:I have Ooma telo and telo handset. I also have 2 Panasonic cordless phones. I have 2 phone numbers too, from Premier.
Now, I want to assign first ph# to first Panasonic phone, and the second ph# to the second Panasonic phone. How can I do that ?
It's not possible.
You can assign your second phone number to the Telo handset by making the Telo handset a personal device.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

cabinoy

Post by cabinoy » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:31 am

Ok, that's what I thought, just wanted to confirm. Handset do not have enough features that works for me, so I really needed to use normal cordless phones (seperate) for both numbers. Thanks for the info.

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:09 am

Here is an idea...but it cost more $$$ for you.
You could get another Telo unit (I notice a groupon deal for $99 if you sign up for Premier for 10 months). Then you would have two phone systems. This would cost you about $200 (Telo plus 10 months) upfront and then it would be around $4 per month in taxes in the future. Like I said it cost extra money...I would say its not worth it.
I have a Telo unit also, but it sounds like the old Scout system might have solved your problem; but they no longer make the Scout anymore :cry: and it has never been part of the newer Telo system.

The new Telo handset should be coming out some time in the future. What things are you looking for that the Telo does not have?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:08 pm

There is a Scout like device for Telo in the works coming out soon after the release of the new Telo handset. TBD on the date yet but should be months after new Telo handset vs years.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

dsinternet

Post by dsinternet » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:50 pm

lbmofo wrote:There is a Scout like device for Telo in the works coming out soon after the release of the new Telo handset. TBD on the date yet but should be months after new Telo handset vs years.
Looking forward to the Scout like device. I have heard a lot of good things from the Ooma Forum elders. :-)