Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#96168 by kamleshg
Wed May 23, 2012 3:18 pm
So i saw this: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/distrib ... hone-jacks

But my setup is slightly different. I have a basement where the Ooma box is, which is next to junction box outside house.

I want to somehow connect Ooma to the junction box, as if it was an outlet.

So i cut one end of phone cord, and inserted one end into "Phone" jack on Ooma, and other end i "spliced" into an empty slot on the telco box outside.

But no dial tone? ANY IDEAS?
#96171 by lbmofo
Wed May 23, 2012 4:12 pm
If you can get a telephone cord/wire out to the NID (outside box) from your Ooma. At the NID, on the other end of the phone cord that's supposed to come out from Ooma phone port, connect the L1 to the L1 of the wire bunch going into the house (likely red from phone cord to blue, green from phone cord to white/blue) using a butt connector. If you have more than 1 wire bunch going into the house, you need to get all the L1s connected (if 2 wire bunches going into the house, red to blue to blue, green to white/blue to white/blue). Make sure to get the wires going into the house off the screw (or other kinds of) terminals in the NID. That should do it.

For your reference, as far as you want to dig in: viewtopic.php?t=13354

IDEAL 85-950 2 wire butt splice scotchlok connectors from Home Depot

IDEAL 85-925 3 wire butt splice scotchlok connectors from Home Depot
#96770 by kamleshg
Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:35 pm
So im not sure what your talking about, so i've attached a pic.

You see the black wire is the one going to phone port on OOMA box, but that didnt work either.

Where do i have to connect the black wire to on the NIB shown in the attached pic?

Thanks!
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
photo (2).JPG (140.24 KiB) Viewed 5527 times
#96772 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:59 pm
Given these guys got the wiring in the NID correct, all you need to do is connect the black wire (from Ooma) together with the blue and white-blue pair hanging loose on the left side.

If the black wire has a modular plug at the end, cut that off, peel back some black sleeve and connect the

Red to blue (wire on the left)
Green to white/blue (wire on the left)

using two 2-wire butt connectors.
#96773 by kamleshg
Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:51 pm
Ok, so i did that using the box on the left side of NIB.
THe black cable is just a regular 1 pair phone cable.
So one end i snipped of jack and connected it to the blue/white pairs.

But that didnt work, so no i guess i gotta check NIB wiring right?
#96776 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:36 pm
kamleshg wrote:Ok, so i did that using the box on the left side of NIB.
THe black cable is just a regular 1 pair phone cable.
So one end i snipped of jack and connected it to the blue/white pairs.

But that didnt work, so no i guess i gotta check NIB wiring right?

So you connected Red to Blue and Green to White-Blue? The blue and white-blue wires hanging loose on the left side of the picture.

Open up a wallplate inside your house and see if the plates are wired.

If so, you can take all the blue and white-blue wires on the right side off the terminals on the right and connect them directly to your black wire coming from your Telo.

Use a 4 wire butt connector to connect all 3 blues and red together
Use a 4 wire butt connector to connect all 3 white-blue and green together

If you only have 3 wire butt connectors, then connect 3 wires together first then cut 1 of the 3 wires, connect them back together using another 3 wire butt connector but also connect up the 4th wire.
#96782 by lbmofo
Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:38 pm
The way you have it in the pic, do you get dialtone when you plug a phone into the test port(s)? The clear plastic swing door on the right at least has a test phone port?