Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#95869 by westekooma
Tue May 15, 2012 7:46 am
This is bizarre. I have an HP LaserJet printer that is connected to the wireless network. Whenever I print to it, my Ooma Telo switches into Do Not Disturb mode. If I print to it again, it will turn off Do Not Disturb. This is consistent every time I print to the printer.

Any ideas on why this specific problem is happening and what I can do about it?
#95871 by thunderbird
Tue May 15, 2012 8:31 am
westekooma wrote:This is bizarre. I have an HP LaserJet printer that is connected to the wireless network. Whenever I print to it, my Ooma Telo switches into Do Not Disturb mode. If I print to it again, it will turn off Do Not Disturb. This is consistent every time I print to the printer.

Any ideas on why this specific problem is happening and what I can do about it?

Probably if you change your Router Wi-Fi frequency setting from Automatic to one of the listed frequencies (channels), the problem will be corrected. If you don't have success with the first frequency selection, try the next until you have success.

Next contact Ooma Customer Support and let them know what is happening, so they can make corrections to the Ooma Telo in a later firmware revision.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#95873 by murphy
Tue May 15, 2012 8:48 am
Are the printer and the Telo connected to the same AC power outlet?
Laser printers draw a huge spike of current when they come out of sleep mode.
That is why they are not supposed to be connected to the battery backed outlets of an UPS.
It might drop the Telo's incoming voltage enough to cause it problems.
#95880 by murphy
Tue May 15, 2012 12:16 pm
Connect the printer directly to the wall outlet or better yet to a different circuit.
#95881 by westekooma
Tue May 15, 2012 12:29 pm
Turns out this has nothing to do with the AC power outlet or the WiFi channel. I moved the Telo box away from the laser printer and it stopped turning on/off DND.