Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#95093 by kathyw
Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:39 pm
My Ooma Telo is up and running. When I try to connect the wireless adapter, I cannot connect to my home network. I use an Apple Time Capsule router. When I scan for networks, I can see my home network, select it, and enter my password. However, it will not connect. I am able to connect to other unsecured networks in the area. Anyone have any suggestions?
#95094 by murphy
Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:50 pm
kathyw wrote:My Ooma Telo is up and running. When I try to connect the wireless adapter, I cannot connect to my home network. I use an Apple Time Capsule router. When I scan for networks, I can see my home network, select it, and enter my password. However, it will not connect. I am able to connect to other unsecured networks in the area. Anyone have any suggestions?

I am unfamiliar with Apple routers. Does it have a MAC address approval table for wireless devices?
If it does, is it enabled? Have you added the MAC address of the wireless adapter to the table?

The only other thing I can think of is does the wireless password have any characters other than numbers and letters in it?
Special characters can be problematic.
#95166 by kathyw
Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:21 am
removed the space and still didn't work. I'm very frustrated and spending way too much time on this. Should be very simple to connect to a network!
#95168 by thunderbird
Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:52 am
kathyw wrote:My Ooma Telo is up and running. When I try to connect the wireless adapter, I cannot connect to my home network. I use an Apple Time Capsule router. When I scan for networks, I can see my home network, select it, and enter my password. However, it will not connect. I am able to connect to other unsecured networks in the area. Anyone have any suggestions?

Since you can connect the Ooma Telo to other unsecured Wi-Fi networks, you know that your Ooma Wi-Fi dongle and the Ooma Telo are functioning properly.

Every time you make a change in your Router, or have a failed attempt to connect to any Wi-Fi network with the Ooma Telo, you must do the following to clear out incorrect information that may be stored in the Ooma Telo:
If after doing the Ooma Setup scan and password procedure, and the Ooma symbol on the face of the Ooma Telo remains flashing red and you have rebooted; go back into Ooma Setup, click on the Wireless tab, put a check mark in the box located before the network that you have selected and select Delete. Then Scan for Networks, click on the button in front of the Wi-Fi network you want to use, Add the Wi-Fi password and click on add. Reboot the Ooma Telo.

Next:
If you are still having problems, go into your Apple Time Capsule Router and temporarily remove all Wi-Fi security, then try to connect the Ooma Telo to the Apple Time Capsule. If you can successfully connect with no security, you know that the Name and Password is okay.

Then start with the first lowest level of Wi-Fi security in the Apple Time Capsule Router, and try to connect.

Next if you are successful, work your way up to the level of security that you want to use.

If there is a level of Wi-Fi security that the Ooma Telo won't recognize from the Apple time Capsule Router, report this to Ooma Customer Support.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Please report your findings to this forum.

Thanks.
#95524 by kathyw
Thu May 03, 2012 9:23 am
I finally got back around to dealing with this again. I had to turn off all security. If I turned any security on at all, it would not connect to my network. It would locate my network, but would not connect. Not good!!!
#95528 by WayneDsr
Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 am
Just a suggestion:
Not sure about the Apple router, but if you can try using WPA2 TKIP AND AES. Not just AES. I've had wireless issues with other equipment and making this change fixed it. However, I've never had an issue with the Telo wireless.

Wayne
#95552 by thunderbird
Fri May 04, 2012 7:13 am
kathyw wrote:I finally got back around to dealing with this again. I had to turn off all security. If I turned any security on at all, it would not connect to my network. It would locate my network, but would not connect. Not good!!!

And make sure that your Router has the latest most up to date Firmware installed.