Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#94485 by Kello
Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:05 pm
I highly NOT recommend to buy a bluetooth adaptor because:
1. You will have to have a Ooma Handset to transfer the call to bluetooth with the special button. With a telephone, you can only dial *15 prior to the number. And there is NO WAY to transfer the call to BT in the middle of it.
2. You CANNOT use BT headset to call a toll free number/dial extension/join conference call. Apparently all these calls require you to send additional tones but you cannot done by your BT headset. After talking with Ooma Customer service, they said that you can use a BT headset which comes with a dialpad. For god sake, what is that???
3. You CANNOT turn on google voice screen. Each time when I answer the call with my headset, I can hear: please dial 1 to ..... then I can simply hang up the call!!!

I don't want to say the BT function is a piece of XXXX. But... is it?
#94486 by thunderbird
Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:34 pm
Kello wrote:I highly NOT recommend to buy a bluetooth adaptor because:
1. You will have to have a Ooma Handset to transfer the call to bluetooth with the special button. With a telephone, you can only dial *15 prior to the number. And there is NO WAY to transfer the call to BT in the middle of it.
2. You CANNOT use BT headset to call a toll free number/dial extension/join conference call. Apparently all these calls require you to send additional tones but you cannot done by your BT headset. After talking with Ooma Customer service, they said that you can use a BT headset which comes with a dialpad. For god sake, what is that???
3. You CANNOT turn on google voice screen. Each time when I answer the call with my headset, I can hear: please dial 1 to ..... then I can simply hang up the call!!!

Here is what one Ooma Bluetooth user worked out. Maybe there are enough clues to help you.

Bluetooth Headset Calling Out Notes:
• This may only work for Premium accounts, since it requires a second line. I have not checked if the BT adapter is supported on Basic subscriptions.
• I am using a Jawbone Icon BT headset. I do not know if this problem is related to the BT headset model, but it certainly was a problem with mine.
• If you continue to have problems with this, contact Ooma Technical Support.
Here is what you need to do:
1. From your regular telephone handset: Press *05.
Note: Your BT headset will ring.
2. From your BT Headset: Answer the BT headset.
Note: This will initiate a intercom between your telephone handset and the BT Headset on Telo Line 1
3. From your regular telephone handset: Press "Flash/Talk".
Note: This will transfer the telephone handset to Telo Line 2. You should hear a dial tone in your telephone handset.
4. From your regular telephone handset: Dial the number you want to reach.
Let the call answer. You do not need to dial any access codes at this time.
5. From the Telo Base Station: Press the "1" and "2" buttons simultaneously.
Note: This will put Telo Line 1 and Telo Line 2 into a local conference call.
6. You can now continue to enter whatever DTMF codes you need into your telephone handset.
#94489 by Kello
Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:04 pm
thunderbird wrote:

Here is what one Ooma Bluetooth user worked out. Maybe there are enough clues to help you.

Bluetooth Headset Calling Out Notes:
• This may only work for Premium accounts, since it requires a second line. I have not checked if the BT adapter is supported on Basic subscriptions.
• I am using a Jawbone Icon BT headset. I do not know if this problem is related to the BT headset model, but it certainly was a problem with mine.
• If you continue to have problems with this, contact Ooma Technical Support.
Here is what you need to do:
1. From your regular telephone handset: Press *05.
Note: Your BT headset will ring.
2. From your BT Headset: Answer the BT headset.
Note: This will initiate a intercom between your telephone handset and the BT Headset on Telo Line 1
3. From your regular telephone handset: Press "Flash/Talk".
Note: This will transfer the telephone handset to Telo Line 2. You should hear a dial tone in your telephone handset.
4. From your regular telephone handset: Dial the number you want to reach.
6. You can now continue to enter whatever DTMF codes you need into your telephone handset.

Thanks for your instructions!
This looks like a solution, however, I have to:
1. pay extra $10/mo to have 2 lines
2. the process is a little complicated especially when the Ooma telo is not on my desk....

Not sure where can I get a BT supported telephone for a good price to replace this thing.
#94868 by mndavec
Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 am
thunderbird wrote:
Kello wrote:4. From your regular telephone handset: Dial the number you want to reach.

Ok, at this point can you separate the lines so you just have the one Bluetooth line?

Also, is there any way to MUTE the bluetooth headset??
#94873 by Kello
Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:48 am
mndavec wrote:Maybe this is a better option... ditch Ooma bluetooth and get a wireless headset like one of these

http://www.amazon.com/AT-TL7600-Cordless-Headset-Silver/dp/B0019M7DD0/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1334340402&sr=8-23

Yes, given the price range, there are tons of options of wireless headset....

So DO NOT buy ooma bt adaptor or bundle, if you really want to use ooma BT, buy a $1 bt dongle from ebay, it will work as well!
#94877 by mndavec
Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:06 am
Kello wrote:
mndavec wrote:Maybe this is a better option... ditch Ooma bluetooth and get a wireless headset like one of these

http://www.amazon.com/AT-TL7600-Cordless-Headset-Silver/dp/B0019M7DD0/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1334340402&sr=8-23

Yes, given the price range, there are tons of options of wireless headset....

So DO NOT buy ooma bt adaptor or bundle, if you really want to use ooma BT, buy a $1 bt dongle from ebay, it will work as well!

Off course the only way to get 2 lines seems to be with the Ooma handset and the limitations of their bluetooth.

Why can't they just support normal 2-line phone cords? duh?
#94878 by ajw522
Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:20 pm
Kello wrote:...if you really want to use ooma BT, buy a $1 bt dongle from ebay, it will work as well!

I believe the Ooma Bluetooth feature only functions with the Ooma Bluetooth adapter. Generic adapters worked in the past, but I believe Ooma has blocked generic adapters from working now.
#94879 by EX Bell
Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:09 pm
ajw522 wrote:
Kello wrote:...if you really want to use ooma BT, buy a $1 bt dongle from ebay, it will work as well!

I believe the Ooma Bluetooth feature only functions with the Ooma Bluetooth adapter. Generic adapters worked in the past, but I believe Ooma has blocked generic adapters from working now.

I had the Bluetooth adapter, but returned it becuase it did not function as advertised and the Telo bluetooth software did not function as expected with my Blackberry or my wife's iPhone 3GS. However, I also have this AZIO adapter and it functions identically to the Ooma adapter. I have a current Telo just purchased in January, so certain non-Ooma adapters will work. In the time I had the Ooma bluetooth adapter, I compared the two and there is no difference in their functionality, but since the bluetooth portion of the Telo firmwares has bugs, I don't the AZIO adapter either.

Bluetooth is pretty well impossible to get working reliably with every mobile phone out there. I've done BT adapter testing for developers in the past and it's astounding how different the results are from adapter to adapter and phone to phone. There is a lot to be said about the driver software itself though. It's possible that Ooma will be able to correct the issues in the future, and if they do I'll use it again, because the concept is really good, but the execution needs work.

I used to hate my GPS as a hands free device and the bluetooth remote would sporadically work, but a recent software update has resolved all the issues and I really like it now. It's as if I bought a new GPS with bluetooth handsfree, but only the software changed.
#97447 by TrickyT
Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Huh? It's very easy to do what you want:

1) Dial the conference number from any (non-Ooma) handset and join the conference with your passcode.
2) Press "Flash" on the handset to switch to line 2.
3) Dial *05 to call the BT headset and answer the incoming call on the headset.
4) Hang up the handset.
The BT headset is now connected to the conference call.

You can use Flash and *05 to transfer any in-progess call to the BT headset.