Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#94339 by stalker
Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm
I just installed Ooma Telo connected as it's suggested in the "Start Guide": all lights are on and blue, and then I disconnected my phone set from the land line and connected to the Ooma Telo. Now when I the hand set up I don't hear the ring, cannot receive and place calls: the hand set is totally silent. I'll appreciate any suggestions.
#94342 by murphy
Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:09 pm
Did you connect to the Telo Phone jack? The Wall jack, if it has one, does not provide dial tone.
#94347 by thunderbird
Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 pm
stalker wrote:I just installed Ooma Telo connected as it's suggested in the "Start Guide": all lights are on and blue, and then I disconnected my phone set from the land line and connected to the Ooma Telo. Now when I the hand set up I don't hear the ring, cannot receive and place calls: the hand set is totally silent. I'll appreciate any suggestions.

It some times takes up to an hour for the Firmware updates to download before the phone will start to function.

First remove power from your Ooma Telo. Then repower your Ooma Telo. Test with a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port on the back of the Ooma Telo.

If that doesn't work, try using another phone cord.

If that doesn't work, try calling your new Ooma Telo phone number, from your cell phone. If you still can't hear any audio, don't answer the Ooma Telo phone and leave a voicemail message for yourself, on your Ooma Telo phone system. Then press the flashing yellow voicemail play button and check if you can hear your voicemail message that you just left.

Also another option is to contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#94359 by stalker
Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:21 am
It some times takes up to an hour for the Firmware updates to download before the phone will start to function.

First remove power from your Ooma Telo. Then repower your Ooma Telo. Test with a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port on the back of the Ooma Telo.

If that doesn't work, try using another phone cord.

If that doesn't work, try calling your new Ooma Telo phone number, from your cell phone. If you still can't hear any audio, don't answer the Ooma Telo phone and leave a voicemail message for yourself, on your Ooma Telo phone system. Then press the flashing yellow voicemail play button and check if you can hear your voicemail message that you just left.

Also another option is to contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST[/quote]

Thanks, now it's working!!!
#94881 by thunderbird
Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:35 am
ballbuster wrote:I am having almost the same problem, no dial tone or incoming rings. It will pickup and you can leave a message.

any thoughts?

Push the envelope button on the face of the Ooma Telo until it turns yellow. Then press the envelope button again until it turns blue. Then pick up a phone and listen for the Ooma dial tone.

If that doesn't work, remove power from your Modem, Ooma Telo and Router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done powering, repower the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo is done powering, repower the Router. Then listen for the Ooma dial tone.