Connected phone set is silent: cannot receive/place calls

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
stalker

Connected phone set is silent: cannot receive/place calls

Post by stalker » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:49 pm

I just installed Ooma Telo connected as it's suggested in the "Start Guide": all lights are on and blue, and then I disconnected my phone set from the land line and connected to the Ooma Telo. Now when I the hand set up I don't hear the ring, cannot receive and place calls: the hand set is totally silent. I'll appreciate any suggestions.

lbmofo

Re: Connected phone set is silent: cannot receive/place calls

Post by lbmofo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:06 pm

By any chance, is there a "wall" port on your Telo? Don't plug your phone to that, plug your phone to the "phone" port.
Customer Since: 3/13/10
Hardware: Telo & Hub
Service: Premier 12/06/10
Verizon Port: 3/15/10 - 4/02/10
Internet: 100 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: SB6141/R6700/Ooma
MainStreetSHARES Ebates: get Ca$h Back when you shop online!!

murphy

Post by murphy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:09 pm

Did you connect to the Telo Phone jack? The Wall jack, if it has one, does not provide dial tone.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

stalker

Post by stalker » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:29 pm

lbmofo wrote:By any chance, is there a "wall" port on your Telo? Don't plug your phone to that, plug your phone to the "phone" port.
I connected directly to the "Phone" port

stalker

Post by stalker » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:31 pm

murphy wrote:Did you connect to the Telo Phone jack? The Wall jack, if it has one, does not provide dial tone.
I don't have the Telo Phone jack: connected directly to the "Phone" connector.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 pm

stalker wrote:I just installed Ooma Telo connected as it's suggested in the "Start Guide": all lights are on and blue, and then I disconnected my phone set from the land line and connected to the Ooma Telo. Now when I the hand set up I don't hear the ring, cannot receive and place calls: the hand set is totally silent. I'll appreciate any suggestions.
It some times takes up to an hour for the Firmware updates to download before the phone will start to function.

First remove power from your Ooma Telo. Then repower your Ooma Telo. Test with a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port on the back of the Ooma Telo.

If that doesn't work, try using another phone cord.

If that doesn't work, try calling your new Ooma Telo phone number, from your cell phone. If you still can't hear any audio, don't answer the Ooma Telo phone and leave a voicemail message for yourself, on your Ooma Telo phone system. Then press the flashing yellow voicemail play button and check if you can hear your voicemail message that you just left.

Also another option is to contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

stalker

Post by stalker » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:21 am

It some times takes up to an hour for the Firmware updates to download before the phone will start to function.

First remove power from your Ooma Telo. Then repower your Ooma Telo. Test with a phone connected to the Ooma Telo Phone port on the back of the Ooma Telo.

If that doesn't work, try using another phone cord.

If that doesn't work, try calling your new Ooma Telo phone number, from your cell phone. If you still can't hear any audio, don't answer the Ooma Telo phone and leave a voicemail message for yourself, on your Ooma Telo phone system. Then press the flashing yellow voicemail play button and check if you can hear your voicemail message that you just left.

Also another option is to contact Ooma Customer Support:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST[/quote]

Thanks, now it's working!!!

ballbuster

Post by ballbuster » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:33 am

I am having almost the same problem, no dial tone or incoming rings. It will pickup and you can leave a message.

any thoughts?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:35 am

ballbuster wrote:I am having almost the same problem, no dial tone or incoming rings. It will pickup and you can leave a message.

any thoughts?
Push the envelope button on the face of the Ooma Telo until it turns yellow. Then press the envelope button again until it turns blue. Then pick up a phone and listen for the Ooma dial tone.

If that doesn't work, remove power from your Modem, Ooma Telo and Router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done powering, repower the Ooma Telo. When the Ooma Telo is done powering, repower the Router. Then listen for the Ooma dial tone.