Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#94102 by dschmidt_2000
Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 am
I've had my Core for probably 1.5 years configured modem - ooma - router. Been working 'okay' but lately the internet has been very laggy.

I always suspected my internet was slower with the Ooma hub between the modem and router so today I reconfigured it as modem - router - Ooma and now the internet is notieably zippier however the Ooom hub won't connect. #1 and #2 are solid RED, and the Ooma flag is blinking red.

I tried a factory reset - no difference.
Set the IP address to static, and gave it an IP address just outside the router's DHCP range.

I plugged a laptop into the HOME port on the Ooma and I can surf the net so that part is working.
From the HOME port I can get to setup.ooma.com.
From a PC on the router side, I cannot get to setup.ooma.com, but I can ping it's IP address of 192.168.78.11.

So I think I need to open up ports on my router as it is blocking ports that Ooma needs. My Router is a Linksys WRTU54G-TM (linksys router with T-Mobile VOIP built-in).

Again, my config is modem - router - Ooma. A PC hooked to the router can surf. A PC hooked to the Ooma's HOME port can surf.

Ooma status is :

Internet: Connected
Ooma Core: Connecting, please wait
Phone Line: Disconnected
#94104 by dschmidt_2000
Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:00 pm
No go when opening ports on my Linksys router.

Ended up putting yet ANOTHER router in the loop - a newer Verizon/Westell router.

So now it's a 'Y' configuration

Modem - Verizon router - Ooma and Linksys router.

Works fine now as the Verizon router is setup to not block anything. All my PC's are on the Linksys router side so they're still protected.

In regards to trying to get to the Ooma setup page from the MODEM port of the hub, I had to put the home IP address in the DMZ section of the Ooma core setup page to get it to work.