Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#93594 by burlow
Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:16 pm
Hello folks, I just purchased and installed an Ooma but am not able to make any calls. All lights are blue and I can receive calls but not send one out, anyone have an idea what my problem is?

I have AT&T DSL service, tried running Ooma in a couple configurations.

First I had it going straight to my router/modem (it is one unit from att).

Then I only had one line coming off the router to the Ooma, then from Ooma to the computer.

Under both configs I am unable to make calls.
#93597 by thunderbird
Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:30 pm
burlow wrote:Hello folks, I just purchased and installed an Ooma but am not able to make any calls. All lights are blue and I can receive calls but not send one out, anyone have an idea what my problem is?

Then I only had one line coming off the router to the Ooma, then from Ooma to the computer.

Make sure when you pick up the phone, that you hear the Ooma dial tone, which is a series of tones before you hear the normal dial tone.
First make sure the do not disturb (envelope) button on the face of the Ooma Telo is not yellow. Push the envelope button until it turns blue. Or if it is blue, push the envelope button until it turns yellow. Then push it again until it turns blue and test.

Next if that didn't work:
Try a completely different phone connected to the Ooma Telo.

Since you just installed your new Ooma Telo, you have two months free Ooma Premier. This includes another phone line. If you haven't set up your second phone line, go back into My Ooma and set the second phone number up. Then try calling that and talking with that phone number, Line 2.

Note: If you don't have an Ooma Telo handset, for calling out with your Ooma Telo using Line 2, pickup the phone connected to the Ooma then press the 2 button on the face of the Ooma Telo. If the phone that you are using has a flash button, you can use the flash button to change lines.
#93600 by burlow
Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:30 pm
thunderbird wrote:
burlow wrote:Hello folks, I just purchased and installed an Ooma but am not able to make any calls. All lights are blue and I can receive calls but not send one out, anyone have an idea what my problem is?

Make sure when you pick up the phone, that you hear the Ooma dial tone, which is a series of tones before you hear the normal dial tone.
First make sure the do not disturb (envelope) button on the face of the Ooma Telo is not yellow. Push the envelope button until it turns blue. Or if it is blue, push the envelope button until it turns yellow. Then push it again until it turns blue and test.

Try a completely different phone connected to the Ooma Telo.

Since you just installed your new Ooma Telo, you have two months free Ooma Premier. This includes another phone line. If you haven't set up your second phone line, go back into My Ooma and set the second phone number up. Then try calling that and talking with that phone number, Line 2.

Note: If you don't have an Ooma Telo handset, for calling out with your Ooma Telo using Line 2, pickup the phone connected to the Ooma then press the 2 button on the face of the Ooma Telo. If the phone that you are using has a flash button, you can use the flash button to change lines.

Thank you! We tried another phone, and that did the trick. We were trying to use the Uniden cordless phones we had just ordered from sellout.woot. The static was tremendous, and we'd only get the busy signal/invalid noise.
#93603 by thunderbird
Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:33 am
burlow wrote:Thank you! We tried another phone, and that did the trick. We were trying to use the Uniden cordless phones we had just ordered from sellout.woot. The static was tremendous, and we'd only get the busy signal/invalid noise.

One suggestion, if you purchase another set of phones, purchase DECT 6 type cordless phones, which will function much better with the Ooma phone system.