Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#8828 by Harv
Fri May 01, 2009 10:11 am
In my case, which is going very smoothly so far, I sent the LOA in 11 days ago and received an Ooma message that I would be ported on or about May 7. I called Qwest today and was surprised when the Rep told me that the porting was all setup and will be done on May 8 and gave me a new account number that will go into effect on May 8. My DSL will be changed to Stand Alone and there will be no porting charge. The Rep said that I would probably not even notice what happened.

Sounds too good to be true .....
#8831 by buzzman
Fri May 01, 2009 11:26 am
Wow, yours is fast.

I sent in my first OLA on 4/1 and just got an email from Saiyad saying my porting date would be on or around May 13. I just called Qwest and they said they couldn't find anything. :(

Harv wrote:In my case, which is going very smoothly so far, I sent the LOA in 11 days ago and received an Ooma message that I would be ported on or about May 7. I called Qwest today and was surprised when the Rep told me that the porting was all setup and will be done on May 8 and gave me a new account number that will go into effect on May 8. My DSL will be changed to Stand Alone and there will be no porting charge. The Rep said that I would probably not even notice what happened.

Sounds too good to be true .....
#9356 by Harv
Fri May 08, 2009 2:41 pm
Okay .... the porting was completed on Wed. and I still had Qwest DSL/Phone service until Friday morning. When I turned on the TV at 8AM a screen message came up saying that my Dish receiver had lost the telephone connection. I got into the Dish menu and could not make a phone connection. Took a Scout and used it to make connection to receiver. Works great! My DSL was never interrupted at all.

I'm a happy Ooma user.