Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#92598 by dchbbc
Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:27 am
Hi, My Ooma Telo died Friday and the warranty expired Jan 30, 2012 (naturally) so I bought a new one. Can the old one be repaired?
AND...when I get the new one tomorrow (shipping in) will I be able to transfer all my info to the new unit, like ported number and all my contacts, so I don't have to start over?
Thanks.
#92599 by murphy
Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:45 am
dchbbc wrote:Hi, My Ooma Telo died Friday and the warranty expired Jan 30, 2012 (naturally) so I bought a new one. Can the old one be repaired?
AND...when I get the new one tomorrow (shipping in) will I be able to transfer all my info to the new unit, like ported number and all my contacts, so I don't have to start over?
Thanks.

Do not activate the new unit.
Call customer support and tell them you want to switch your account to the new unit.
#92601 by thunderbird
Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:57 am
dchbbc wrote:Hi, My Ooma Telo died Friday and the warranty expired Jan 30, 2012 (naturally) so I bought a new one. Can the old one be repaired?
Thanks.

Some times in the past when an Ooma device failed very close past the warranty period, if you called Ooma and explained, and said you were willing to purchased the extended warranty, they would still replace the defective Ooma device under the extended warranty. I don't know if they are still doing this, but its work a try. I don't remember if you have to call Ooma Sales or Ooma Customer Support?

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

Sales Information
Visit the buy page for a list of authorized resellers.
Email: sales@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-866-452-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST
Saturday-Sunday closed.

Also if you provide a description of what the failed Ooma device is doing or not doing, the forum may be able to give instructions for waking up the failed Ooma device.