Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#92533 by tc888
Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:51 pm
I have just activated and connected my Ooma Telo. All the lights are all on and blue. Not sure if this is normal or not.
I am currently experiencing some voice quality issues. I have read from the FAQ that if the "1" & "2" are on and blue, this may indicate that I may have a firewall issue (some crtical ports used Telo are not open).

Could someone confirm what are the light pattern for a fully operational? what lights should be on, off or blinking and what are the colors for a fully operational Telo?

Thanks.

TC
#92539 by Cyberchat
Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:35 pm
tc888 wrote:I have just activated and connected my Ooma Telo. All the lights are all on and blue. Not sure if this is normal or not.
I am currently experiencing some voice quality issues. I have read from the FAQ that if the "1" & "2" are on and blue, this may indicate that I may have a firewall issue (some crtical ports used Telo are not open).

Could someone confirm what are the light pattern for a fully operational? what lights should be on, off or blinking and what are the colors for a fully operational Telo?

Thanks.

TC

Check your startup guide which came with your Telo.
#92546 by thunderbird
Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:12 am
tc888 wrote:I have just activated and connected my Ooma Telo. All the lights are all on and blue. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Thanks.

TC

All lights on the face of the Ooma Telo should be Blue for normal operation, unless you have the Lights adjusted to off. The lights button has an off positon and four levels of brightness.

Here is the first thing to do for voice quality problems:
To help stabilize your Ooma Internet connection turn off MAC address Spoofing, which can cause dropped calls and garbled voice, by doing the following:
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem, your Router and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.