Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#92442 by pootboy
Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:42 pm
I noticed this weekend that my Ooma Telo was flashing red. I power-cycled it with no effect. Nothing has changed in my network environment. I am a Cisco CCNP and understand protocols well. I used to have the Ooma "inside" my router. I moved it between the MODEM and my router and it now works but I had to reconfigure the IP addresses on all my internal devices bewcause of it.

In addition, I can no longer access my internal ftp and media servers from the internet as the NAT/PAT was always handled by the router before this change.
#92443 by thunderbird
Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:20 pm
pootboy wrote:I noticed this weekend that my Ooma Telo was flashing red. I power-cycled it with no effect. Nothing has changed in my network environment. I am a Cisco CCNP and understand protocols well. I used to have the Ooma "inside" my router. I moved it between the MODEM and my router and it now works but I had to reconfigure the IP addresses on all my internal devices bewcause of it.

In addition, I can no longer access my internal ftp and media servers from the internet as the NAT/PAT was always handled by the router before this change.

If you use the Modem-Router-Ooma connection, you shouldn't have problems with the FTP and Media servers.

Remove power from the Modem, Router and Ooma device. Connect Modem-Router-Ooma. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma device.

If the Ooma Telo continues to flashes red, do the following. Leave the Ooma flash red. Temporarily connect a network cable from he Ooma Telo's Home port to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer; If Wi-Fi is turned on. Reboot the computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in the computer browser window. The Ooma Setup page should open. Click on the Internet tab. Click on the down arrow following the words Internet Connection: and select Dynamic (DHCP). At the bottom of the page click on Update Device.
Remove power from the Modem, Router and Ooma Telo. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma device.
#92444 by pootboy
Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:30 pm
Thanx! I actually did try that power down/up sequence on the three devices. the Ooma is already set for Dynamic DHCP. I'm assuming that the Ooma is connected to my router's internal switch port on its "WAN" connection. This is the way it was connected before, that's why I didn't understand why it suddenly failed. It appears that the Version: 52474 update changed something. I'll go through the sequence again tomorrow and let you know if it was successful. It's imperative I can make it work as before since I don't have a phone connection where the Ooma is located.
#92446 by thunderbird
Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:15 pm
pootboy wrote:Thanx! I actually did try that power down/up sequence on the three devices. the Ooma is already set for Dynamic DHCP. I'm assuming that the Ooma is connected to my router's internal switch port on its "WAN" connection. This is the way it was connected before, that's why I didn't understand why it suddenly failed. It appears that the Version: 52474 update changed something. I'll go through the sequence again tomorrow and let you know if it was successful. It's imperative I can make it work as before since I don't have a phone connection where the Ooma is located.

If the information in my previous post doesn't work, do the following:
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. You may have to re-register the Ooma Telo handsets, see procedure later in text.

Note: Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.
#92485 by pootboy
Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:08 pm
Well, I actually set the WAN side to DHCP before power cycling everything in the proper sequence. It's all back and running the way it used to. Thanks for your suggestion about the Telo's DHCP idiosyncrasy!

The reset codes are good to know. Are there other codes and where would I find a reference for them?
#92490 by thunderbird
Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:07 pm
pootboy wrote:Well, I actually set the WAN side to DHCP before power cycling everything in the proper sequence. It's all back and running the way it used to. Thanks for your suggestion about the Telo's DHCP idiosyncrasy!

The reset codes are good to know. Are there other codes and where would I find a reference for them?

See https://www.ooma.com/app/support/star-co ... oma-device