Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#91929 by akmdlm11
Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:02 pm
My wife and I have PanTech phones. We cannot seem to get them to find the Ooma. Is this normal. Oh, we just installed the Ooma and love it!. Donald morgan
#91936 by akmdlm11
Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:48 pm
We have the adapter, it came with the Ooma box. I did notice that our Pantech phones are not on the supported list. If the list is inclusive, i guess our phones are not useable with the bluetooth function. Bummer!
#91942 by thunderbird
Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:30 pm
akmdlm11 wrote:We have the adapter, it came with the Ooma box. I did notice that our Pantech phones are not on the supported list. If the list is inclusive, i guess our phones are not useable with the bluetooth function. Bummer!

Just because your cell phones aren't listed in the Ooma Bluetooth list, it doesn't mean that you can't use your cell phones. Ours aren't on the Ooma Bluetooth list and they work just fine.

If you haven't done this already, do the following:
First go into Ooma Setup by typing http://172.27.35.1 in a computer browser window. The computer must be connected to the Ooma Telo Home port, or to a router that is connected to the Ooma Telo Home port.
The Ooma Setup pages opens. Click on the Bluetooth tab. At General Settings, add a check mark in front of both "Enable Bluetooth Service" and "Allow incoming Bluetooth audio transfer". Next click on Update.

Next prepare your cell phone to accept commutation for pairing. Your cell phone documentation should tell you how to set up Bluetooth pairing. When that's done, next back in Ooma Setup in the Bluetooth page, click on Add Device. If your cell phone is setup for pairing, you should see it pop up in the next window. Next do what ever your cell phone instructions tell you to do to complete the pairing for the cell phone side of the pairing transaction.
If the cell phone asks for the Ooma pairing password or code (Default Pin Code:), its 0000
Last edited by thunderbird on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#91984 by akmdlm11
Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:54 pm
Thanks everyone. We got it. When in doubt, remove the adapter; unplug the Ooma; plug adapter back in; plug Ooma back in; follow Bluetooth pairing instructions. Both cell phones now work. COOL! :D
#94358 by tommyarnold
Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:18 am
I assume the bungle is used as a receiver only and does not work in reverse. It would really be great if an incoming call on Ooma could be linked via bluetooth to a cell phone. That way, it seems you should be able to not use the anytime minutes on a cell phone while within range of Ooma. Has anyone had any success with this.
#94360 by Cyberchat
Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:13 am
tommyarnold wrote:I assume the bungle is used as a receiver only and does not work in reverse. It would really be great if an incoming call on Ooma could be linked via bluetooth to a cell phone. That way, it seems you should be able to not use the anytime minutes on a cell phone while within range of Ooma. Has anyone had any success with this.

Tommyarnold,

Check out the following topic:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12290#p86091