Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#99346 by murphy
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am
Update:

The WAN port of the Telo tests out to be self-configuring so I would not expect a crossover cable to help.

Are you connecting two routers in series?
If you are, the DHCP servers in the two routers can NOT use the same subnet.
The subnets MUST be different.

i.e.

192.168.0.x in one router and 192.168.1.x in the other router.
If the Telo hasn't been changed it will be fine since the default is 172.27.35.x.
#99347 by isiddiqi
Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:45 am
murphy:
I am not connecting two routers in series but am trying to replace Airport Extreme with ASUS RT-N66U

Thunderbird:
Yes I am able to do that. If for Telo not connecting, the new router does not give me any reason to believe it has any issue.
#99353 by thunderbird
Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:18 pm
isiddiqi wrote:murphy:
I am not connecting two routers in series but am trying to replace Airport Extreme with ASUS RT-N66U

Thunderbird:
Yes I am able to do that. If for Telo not connecting, the new router does not give me any reason to believe it has any issue.

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

Optional Aid to change Ooma connection from one router to another router connection:
Start with original Router connected to the Ooma Telo fully booted and operating normally. Right after the *#*#099 command is entered in the phone, and you have pressed the 1 button on the phone and hear the busy signal, and then hang up the phone, disconnect the Internet cable that is connected to the Ooma Telo Internet port. This should prevent the Ooma Telo from re-acquiring the original router information, which may be preventing the alternate Router-Ooma connection. After the Ooma Telo reboots up to the red flashing Ooma symbol, remove power from the Ooma Telo. Before powering the Ooma Telo again, remove original router and connect to the alternate router. This procedure seems to lengthen the reset procedure, so be patient when nothing seems to be happening.
Remove power from the Modem, Router and Ooma Telo. Then repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Telo.

Recommended that you reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.
#99372 by isiddiqi
Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 pm
Hi Thunderbird,

Tried resetting using *#*#099 and disconnecting the internet then at red blinking logo unplugging the Telo to retry with the new router. Using 099 method I do not see number "1" light staying lit yellow after I put the phone down, but I do see Telo cycling through and restarting, but still the new router and Telo don't talk. I even tried resetting the Telo using "Trash+Stop" method on the Telo and rest following your suggestion of trying to have it forget the old router, but nothing changed. Seems like the old router and Telo are now in a strong marriage bond :)
#99378 by thunderbird
Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:53 am
isiddiqi wrote:Hi Thunderbird,

Tried resetting using *#*#099 and disconnecting the internet then at red blinking logo unplugging the Telo to retry with the new router. Using 099 method I do not see number "1" light staying lit yellow after I put the phone down, but I do see Telo cycling through and restarting, but still the new router and Telo don't talk. I even tried resetting the Telo using "Trash+Stop" method on the Telo and rest following your suggestion of trying to have it forget the old router, but nothing changed. Seems like the old router and Telo are now in a strong marriage bond :)

Does your ASUS RT-N66U Router have the latest firmware installed?
Last edited by thunderbird on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
#99384 by thunderbird
Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:58 am
isiddiqi wrote:Yes sir I do... but this same behavior happens when I use my old Belkin router as well :(

You could try contacting Ooma Customer Service, and if your Ooma Telo is within the one year warranty period, try to get a replacement Ooma Telo. Ooma sends out a replacement Ooma Telo shipping perpaid. They also send a shipping label along to ship the defective Ooma Telo back.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#99386 by isiddiqi
Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:02 am
thunderbird wrote:
isiddiqi wrote:Yes sir I do... but this same behavior happens when I use my old Belkin router as well :(

You could try contacting Ooma Customer Service, and if your Ooma Telo is within the one year warranty period, try to get a replacement Ooma Telo. Ooma sends out a replacement Ooma Telo shipping perpaid. They also send a shipping label along to ship the defective Ooma Telo back.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST


Yes thanks for all your help. I have opened a ticket already. Will see how that goes.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests