Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#91349 by tautog
Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:11 am
I had the "Home Network" plugged into the Ethernet card of my PC and the "To Internet" plugged into Router so I could see and configure the ooma. OK.. i'll unplug the home network to the PC and just leave the "to Internet" plugged to the router and see what happens but will have no visibility into the ooma setup page though...
#91353 by tautog
Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:55 am
thunderbird wrote:
tautog wrote:Still no success....

I have the "To Interent" port plugged to my Router, the link lights are on.

On the Internet Port Mac, I have it set to "use built in" and DHCP.

I tried both with enabled FW on my router as well as disabled....

I also switched out with known good Ethernet cables to ensure no hardware issues.

I reset modem, router and ooma each time and let sit for at least 20 mins but still feel there is no "connection or communication" between the ooma and my router.

Ooma still shows:
To Interenet Port - Disconnected
Home Network Port - Connected: [172.27.35.1]
Ooma Tunnel - Disconnected

Can't understand why I still got nothing...

"To Internet Port - Disconnected" is the key here. The Ooma device is not "seeing" the Internet.

First connect from a computer's wired LAN port, using a network cable, to one of the Router LAN ports. If Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer, temporarily turn Wi-Fi off in the computer. Reboot the computer. Make sure that you can access Google by typing http://www.google.com in the computer browser window.

If you can access Google with your computer, disconnect ALL network cables from your router's LAN ports. Connect the Ooma device's Internet port, to the Router's LAN port, that was connected to the computer, using the same network cable that you used to connect to the computer. For this test make sure that the only Router port that is used is the port that was previously connected to the computer that could access Google. Remove power from the Modem, Router and Ooma device.
Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma device.

If that doesn't work, connect your setup Modem-Ooma-Router and test to see if it works that way. Also with a computer connected to one on your Router LAN ports, test and see if you can access Google at http://www.google.com .

I validated internet access with good cable and router port per your instructions, repowered everything on with connection Modem -> Router -> Ooma, no dice.

Then reconnected the Modem -> Ooma -> Router with same connection... it does not connect anymore.

I'm not sure if i'm over complicating thing for myself but I tell you, setting this ooma has gotta be one of the most frustrating things ever... Argh!!! Thank you all though for your continued support and help...

OK.. venting is over... do I have a now faulty ooma?
#91354 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:22 pm
tautog:
In Ooma Setup, after clicking the Internet tab, do you have Connection type: set to Dynamic (DHCP)?

If you do have Connection type: set to Dynamic (DHCP), return it to Automatic.

Or

If you don't have Connection type: set to Dynamic (DHCP), set it to Connection type: set to Dynamic (DHCP).

Reboot everything and test again.

If the Ooma Telo doen't work, you may have to take it back to the store where you bought it and get an new Ooma Telo.
#91361 by tautog
Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:50 pm
Quite disappointing... The first few days I had this working, I was so amped up and telling everybody about how great Ooma was... looks like this unit's gonna have to go back. Will try this again tomorrow with a new unit and let you know how I make out...

In the meantime, Thanks all for the support!!
#91362 by thunderbird
Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:20 pm
tautog wrote:Quite disappointing... The first few days I had this working, I was so amped up and telling everybody about how great Ooma was... looks like this unit's gonna have to go back. Will try this again tomorrow with a new unit and let you know how I make out...

In the meantime, Thanks all for the support!!

Helpful hints:
When you get your replacement Ooma Telo, call Ooma Customer Support to have your old Ooma Telo replaced by your new Ooma Telo. Don't try to do it on line.

If you want to use the Modem-Router-Ooma connection, connect your setup that way before you power the Ooma Telo.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#91475 by tautog
Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:31 pm
Success!!! Thank you for all your help!!!

Turned out to be a bad internet port on the Ooma device and support sent me a new box. The whole resolution almost turned into a disaster though as they wanted port my phone number while the replacement box was in transit. I called Ooma support to request cancellation of Port (FOC already received but it only gives one day notification) and after a few mins of going back and forth, the port was eventually cancelled.

Hooked everything up behind the router... and all lights blue!!! Now just trying to link the last remaining Telo handset (1st two synced up easy, the 3rd one is not prompting me to enter PIN.. ugh... maybe another call to support is in order!!)

Thanks again everybody!!!
#91477 by thunderbird
Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:37 pm
tautog wrote:Success!!! Thank you for all your help!!!

Turned out to be a bad internet port on the Ooma device and support sent me a new box. The whole resolution almost turned into a disaster though as they wanted port my phone number while the replacement box was in transit. I called Ooma support to request cancellation of Port (FOC already received but it only gives one day notification) and after a few mins of going back and forth, the port was eventually cancelled.

Hooked everything up behind the router... and all lights blue!!! Now just trying to link the last remaining Telo handset (1st two synced up easy, the 3rd one is not prompting me to enter PIN.. ugh... maybe another call to support is in order!!)

Thanks again everybody!!!

Procedure to reset the Ooma Telo handset.
First, if required, go to My Ooma https://www.ooma.com/app/support/ooma-te ... -functions, to view the Ooma Telo Handset button functions and location picture.
1. Turn off the Handset by pressing and holding the (red colored) End Call button, until the Handset goes off.
2. Press and hold the following two keys until told to release them later in this procedure:
Left Softkey and 0 (zero) key.
3. Turn on the Handset by pressing the (red colored) End Call button.
4. Release the two keys being held in step 2, Left Softkey and 0 (zero) key.
5. The Handset goes into auto registration mode.
Note: You will have to re-register the handset to the Ooma Telo.

Note: To all those users with the handset stuck in SEARCHING, when pressing the left Soft key + the 0 (zero) key, you must Continue to HOLD DOWN These Keys while turning handset back on.
Then and only then will the handset enter the registration mode, which then allows you to input the four digit code.

Register the Ooma Telo Handset:
Find the 4-digit PIN number for your Ooma Telo by logging into:
http://my.ooma.com/pin
Bring the handset next to the Ooma Telo.
Set the Ooma Telo in registration mode by pressing and holding the Paging Key located on the upper right hand face of the Ooma Telo for 3 seconds. The Paging Key will start flashing rapidly.
When prompted on the handset, enter the PIN number found above and press the OK soft key.
When the handset successfully registers, a home screen will be displayed.

If this doesn’t work, call customer service and report problem.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST