Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#91227 by hindsight is 20-20
Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:09 pm
I just bought our Telo a couple weeks ago and am thinking about porting my custom ring number that we currently have with Centurylink. Does anyone know if there is any down time (rendering the number unusable for a while) when the number is in the process of being ported? If so, how long would my number being ported be unusable?
Thanks
#91233 by thunderbird
Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:16 pm
hindsight is 20-20 wrote:I just bought our Telo a couple weeks ago and am thinking about porting my custom ring number that we currently have with Centurylink. Does anyone know if there is any down time (rendering the number unusable for a while) when the number is in the process of being ported? If so, how long would my number being ported be unusable?
Thanks

Most people have no down time at all. Some people will report a maybe an hour or two on the day of when the port takes place. This is usually taken care of by an Ooma device reboot.

Most important, when you port, make sure the information you provide is correct. One, what may seem to be little, incorrect piece of information may slow the process from days to weeks.
#91255 by murphy
Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:55 pm
When I ported my number from Vonage in January 2009 my number was out of service for 7 hours.