Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#91058 by jyooma
Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:43 pm
I need help on how to connect Ooma to the house phone wiring so I can plug my three phone base station in three rooms. I had Time Warner digital phone service and all our phone wall jacks are able to get lines. Since I disconnected from their service, I need to know how can I do the same with the Ooma.

Please help. Thank you.
#91066 by thunderbird
Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:41 pm
jyooma wrote:I need help on how to connect Ooma to the house phone wiring so I can plug my three phone base station in three rooms. I had Time Warner digital phone service and all our phone wall jacks are able to get lines. Since I disconnected from their service, I need to know how can I do the same with the Ooma.

Please help. Thank you.

House phone wiring Ooma Connection.

Check and double check the next item. Many people have though that they have disconnected the old phone provider phone wiring, but they haven’t.

Make sure that you have disconnected the old phone provider phone lines that come in from the street to the box at the side of your house. Check and double check. If not done correctly, damage to the Ooma device could occur. If you are unsure, take a photo of the wiring on the inside of the house phone box, and post it in this thread. Some one will advise you.

Make sure the Time Warner digital phone service wiring is disconnected from the house wiring.

Connect a phone cord from the Ooma device Phone port, to a house wall phone receptacle (jack). If your Ooma device has a Wall phone port, don't use it. If you want to use a phone near the Ooma device, and feed the house wall receptacle (jack) at the same time, use a phone line splitter.
#91104 by lbmofo
Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:33 pm
FYI, since you had cable digital voice service, they most likely disconnected your house wiring from the telephone company in order to be able to distribute their device's dialtone throughout the house so you'll likely find this out in the NIB.

Basically, you just plug the phone port of Ooma into a walljack much like how you plugged the cable device's dialtone into the walljack. You must make sure to unplug the cable device off the walljack before you plug in Ooma.