Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#91015 by kyl
Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:56 pm
ooma hub tab light flashing red after moved from comcast cable modem to fairpoint fios connection .
it could not seem to get connected to internet when config fairpoint fios -> ooma hub -> router, but working fine when fairpoint -> router -> ooma hub .
#91023 by thunderbird
Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:13 pm
kyl wrote:ooma hub tab light flashing red after moved from comcast cable modem to fairpoint fios connection .
it could not seem to get connected to internet when config fairpoint fios -> ooma hub -> router, but working fine when fairpoint -> router -> ooma hub .

First:
I'd leave the connection Modem-Router-Ooma. I have my Ooma Telo connected this way, without problems.

Second:
If you want to connect Modem-Ooma-Router, probably the Ooma Hub is "remembering" some old setting that needs to be cleared.
First remove power from the modem, Ooma Hub, and Router.
Connect Modem-Ooma-Router.
Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, Repower the Ooma Hub. When the Ooma Hub is done booting, Repower the Router. If you can hear the Ooma dial tone with a phone connected to the Ooma Hub, go no farther.

But if the Ooma Hub tab is flashing red, do the Ooma Hub Factory Reset.

Ooma Hub factory reset sequence:
1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.

If this doesn't work, let the Ooma Hub boot as far as it will boot. Enter http://172.27.35.1 in a computer browser window, that is connected to your router. Ooma Setup pages should open. Go to Network connections. Click on the down arrow and select Dynamic (DHCP), then save. Remove power from the modem, Ooma Hub, and Router. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, Repower the Ooma Hub. When the Ooma Hub is done booting, Repower the Router.