Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#90747 by TBRX
Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:35 am
I'll be sure to give what you suggested a shot.
Warranty Expired back at the end of March.

I got my Ooma through a special promotion at work, as I used to work for a retailer that sold Oomas. I've since relocated to Canada though, and it's been a wonder to have. Been able to call back home without getting a phone. To have it act like this to put bluntly really sucks. I really enjoy using Google Voice too, but the Telo is so much easier to use than having to rely on my computer to be on to make calls, and even then I can only receive them with the Telo unless I keep Gmail open with chrome or firefox.
#91195 by TBRX
Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:55 pm
Hey, hope everyone had a merry christmas.

After following the previous steps to reset all the configurations on the device, I am still having the same problem. I did some further testing, and discovered that the Ooma does not even detect the landline which is plugged into the wall, although the only thing coming through is DSL service.

Unfortunately since I'm out of warranty it looks like I'm out of options..unless someone else has a solution.
#91203 by thunderbird
Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:18 am
TBRX wrote:Hey, hope everyone had a merry christmas.

After following the previous steps to reset all the configurations on the device, I am still having the same problem. I did some further testing, and discovered that the Ooma does not even detect the landline which is plugged into the wall, although the only thing coming through is DSL service.

Unfortunately since I'm out of warranty it looks like I'm out of options..unless someone else has a solution.

Usually if the Ooma device boots to the "runway lights" it can be "woke up" and will work again.
Try taking your Ooma Telo to a friend or relative's home and test there, connecting to their Internet setup, preferably directly to their modem.