Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#89984 by jjohnson2009
Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:12 pm
I had a power outage and ever since I haven't been able to get my hub to work. I finally have the time to fix it, but can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I have re-booted both the router and the ooma box(hub), checked all the connections and still nothing. I'm not sure what else to do, any ideas?
#89986 by thunderbird
Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:17 pm
jjohnson2009 wrote:I had a power outage and ever since I haven't been able to get my hub to work. I finally have the time to fix it, but can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I have re-booted both the router and the ooma box(hub), checked all the connections and still nothing. I'm not sure what else to do, any ideas?

Are you getting any lights at all on your Ooma Hub? If not, maybe your power adapter is defective?

If you are getting any lights, if not connected this way, temporarily connect your Ooma Hub Modem-Router-Ooma. Remove power from your Modem, Router and Ooma Hub. Repower your Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma Hub.

If this doesn’t work, temporarily connect a network cable from the Ooma Hub's Home port to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on in the computer. Remove power from the Ooma Hub and allow it to boot as far as it will boot. Restart the computer. Type http:/172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages should open. Click on the Network tab and for Internet connect select Dynamic (DHCP). Click on Update Device. Remove power from the Modem, Router and Ooma Hub. Repower your Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma Hub.