Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#89721 by codad
Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:16 am
Success!! at least for now:). I ended up doing another 'factory reset' of the Ooma telo, then plugged it into a different port on the router, and this time it connected. I had done this before, so not sure why it worked now. I thought all the LAN ports on the router were equivalent. I wonder if that's not the case as far as Ooma is concerned. Thanks for everyone's input. I still don't exactly understand the problem, buy hey, that's technology for you!
#89724 by thunderbird
Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:48 am
codad wrote:Success!! at least for now:). I ended up doing another 'factory reset' of the Ooma telo, then plugged it into a different port on the router, and this time it connected. I had done this before, so not sure why it worked now. I thought all the LAN ports on the router were equivalent. I wonder if that's not the case as far as Ooma is concerned. Thanks for everyone's input. I still don't exactly understand the problem, buy hey, that's technology for you!

It was probably the Ooma Telo. Sometimes it seems that the Ooma Telo will remember the first Internet connect settings and will only except the first Internet Connection settings. The first original settings must be cleared from the Ooma device. It seems that often it will take several Ooma Telo factory resets to clear that information, before it will accept any other Internet connection settings.
#89786 by adondan
Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:07 am
I just moved my Ooma Telo from between the modem and the router to AFTER the router, and had the same issue of blinking red. Rebooting didn't help. After carfully rechecking my connections I Turned Ooma off and moved the cable that goes to the router's Lan port from Ooma's "Home Network" to "To Internet" port. Problem solved! See if that can help you...