Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#89599 by musick
Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:05 pm
I'm hopeing someone on this forum can help me because I sure know AT&T isn't going to

I've had my Ooma almost a year now and have had no issues .....
the other day the power supply on my AT&T 2Wire Gateway (router/modem) died and I replaced it with a new power supply

everything was back up and running but now my 2Wire is randomly rebooting itself

I have no idea what exactly is triggering it but it is driving me insane ... I don't think it is the power issue

if anyone can help me troubleshoot it would be greatly appreciated

ethernet cable running from computer (MS Vista) into home network jack on Telo
cable running from to internet jack on Telo to 2Wire port
phone wire running from Telo to Panasonic handset base
phone line wire running from 2Wire to wall jack

if I do a command prompt ipconfig the Default Gateway IP is that of the Telo not the 2Wire

please feel free to ask what questions you think would be helpful for me to answer and I'll do my best to keep checking this thread as best I can

just wanting things to be back to normal and I don't know if that means replacing the 2Wire, replacing the Telo, reconfiging my network, getting rid of ATT for someone else, or something else

thanks in advance
#89607 by murphy
Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:49 pm
Are you sure it's not the power supply?
It sounds like an overloaded power supply to me.
Is the output voltage exactly the same and the power rating equal to or greater than the original supply?
#89617 by musick
Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:19 pm
well I sure hope it would be something as simple as that

the power supply that died was Image

I read that a PSP AC adapter would do the trick in its place

http://www.fixya.com/support/t1892648-a ... _red_light
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r263660 ... ic-actions

maybe it just is't the right PSP power supply and that 's why it is powering it down from time to time??

this is the only image I could even find of it online
http://www.webstore.com/GameStop-PSP-AC ... on_details
it is a GameStop branded PSP AC Adapter that sells for $14.99 ... it was the only one they sold in the 3 GameStop stores I checked there aren't any specs on it
#89619 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:55 pm
musick wrote:I'm hopeing someone on this forum can help me because I sure know AT&T isn't going to

I've had my Ooma almost a year now and have had no issues .....
the other day the power supply on my AT&T 2Wire Gateway (router/modem) died and I replaced it with a new power supply

everything was back up and running but now my 2Wire is randomly rebooting itself

I have no idea what exactly is triggering it but it is driving me insane ... I don't think it is the power issue

if anyone can help me troubleshoot it would be greatly appreciated

ethernet cable running from computer (MS Vista) into home network jack on Telo
cable running from to internet jack on Telo to 2Wire port
phone wire running from Telo to Panasonic handset base
phone line wire running from 2Wire to wall jack

if I do a command prompt ipconfig the Default Gateway IP is that of the Telo not the 2Wire

please feel free to ask what questions you think would be helpful for me to answer and I'll do my best to keep checking this thread as best I can

just wanting things to be back to normal and I don't know if that means replacing the 2Wire, replacing the Telo, reconfiging my network, getting rid of ATT for someone else, or something else

thanks in advance

Is this the one? Look at the model number of your Modem/Router, then click on the link below:
http://www.amazon.com/2Wire-Supply-Mode ... =pd_cp_e_0
#89621 by musick
Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:27 pm
I'm beginning to think it might be an issue with wireless devices possibly causing the reset
unless that is related to the power consumption in some way

only had 1 wifi device using the wifi previously (PS3) but added 2 HP Touchpads to the house as well as 2 smartphones

again though all of these played nice together prior to this week

don't know? .... I've been on the computer temporarily without issue just now but I did pick up one of the TouchPads and was using the wifi and during that brief time the 2Wire went into reboot mode .... used the TouchPad again when it reset and again during that time it rebooted .... am now not using any wifi connecting devices and it seems fine (for now)

though I was using the PS3 last night for over an hour online and it did not disconnect at all .... so I'm still baffled

I think I've at least ruled this being an Ooma issue out
#89629 by thunderbird
Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:34 am
musick wrote:I'm beginning to think it might be an issue with wireless devices possibly causing the reset
unless that is related to the power consumption in some way

only had 1 wifi device using the wifi previously (PS3) but added 2 HP Touchpads to the house as well as 2 smartphones

again though all of these played nice together prior to this week

don't know? .... I've been on the computer temporarily without issue just now but I did pick up one of the TouchPads and was using the wifi and during that brief time the 2Wire went into reboot mode .... used the TouchPad again when it reset and again during that time it rebooted .... am now not using any wifi connecting devices and it seems fine (for now)

though I was using the PS3 last night for over an hour online and it did not disconnect at all .... so I'm still baffled

I think I've at least ruled this being an Ooma issue out

Check your 2 wire rig Gateway Modem/Router manual to see if there is a reset procedure for this device. If so, do a reset of the modem/router. If you still are getting modem/router self reboots, maybe the modem/router is defective. Maybe that's why the Power Adapter failed in the first place? You may be better off purchasing an new later model Modem/Router?