Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#89558 by TheKdd
Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:05 pm
I installed my Ooma hub about a week ago, and have yet to get it working. I ported a number over with my registration, and it's about to port tomorrow, so I thought I better get on the ball here.

Currently, the coma has a red light flashing, the 1 and 2 are blue as well as the forward button.

My connection goes modem>router>coma. The router is an Asus RT-N56U. The modem is supplied from Time Warner. It's a phone modem. If possible, I would much rather keep coma outside the router.

I also have accessed the coma set up page. It shows that it is connected to the internet and the device is configured. It has a red X next to connecting to the Ooma Network, saying "Attempting to connect to the Ooma Network." and a red X next to No landline connected. (I do have a phone plugged into it.)

In status, the internet, home network and Ooma tunnel all show connected.

I have rebooted everything in every order possible.

Anyone have any other ideas? Could the number port be making this happen?

Thanks in advance!
#89560 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:18 pm
TheKdd wrote:I installed my Ooma hub about a week ago, and have yet to get it working. I ported a number over with my registration, and it's about to port tomorrow, so I thought I better get on the ball here.

Currently, the coma has a red light flashing, the 1 and 2 are blue as well as the forward button.

My connection goes modem>router>coma. The router is an Asus RT-N56U. The modem is supplied from Time Warner. It's a phone modem. If possible, I would much rather keep coma outside the router.

I also have accessed the coma set up page. It shows that it is connected to the internet and the device is configured. It has a red X next to connecting to the Ooma Network, saying "Attempting to connect to the Ooma Network." and a red X next to No landline connected. (I do have a phone plugged into it.)

In status, the internet, home network and Ooma tunnel all show connected.

I have rebooted everything in every order possible.

Anyone have any other ideas? Could the number port be making this happen?

Thanks in advance!

If you didn't have a temporary Ooma phone number, you will have to wait until your number is ported.

Then If your Ooma device doesn't come online after your number is ported and you do a reboot, you have to call Ooma Customer Support and tell them your Ooma device needs a "kick Start".

If you have a temporary number, contact Ooma Customer Suppport now and tell them your Ooma device needs a "kick Start", which means started from their end.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST
#89562 by TheKdd
Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:45 pm
Thanks!

In my account, I have listed two numbers. The first one is the one that is porting tomorrow, the other was one I chose for the trial of the premier service... so maybe that isn't the temp default. Nevertheless, I will just wait until tomorrow and it says port complete to call.

Thank you for the help. I will cancel the pulling out of my hair for the rest of the night. :D
#89693 by codad
Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:17 pm
Are you able to get your Ooma working behind the RT-N56U? I have the exact same equipment and have been unable to get Ooma to work (red light still flashing) despite trying many things.

See my other post:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12832

Of course it works plugged directly into the modem, which is not the way I want to keep it. If yours is working, did you have to change any settings in the router? Thanks.