Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#89524 by dinki
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:40 am
I has a usb wifi adaptor working on my Oooma Telo. I am using a Netgear N600 wireless router. My router allows for QOS of wireless devices.

Can someone tell me how to configure QOS for the Telo using the wifi adaptor?

Also, is there any way to turn off that blue blinking LED on the wifi adaptor? That thing looks like lightning in my dark bedroom.
#89529 by dinki
Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:28 pm
Thanks for the speedy reply. Is the MAC address stamped on the device somewhere?
#89531 by lbmofo
Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:40 pm
lbmofo wrote:QoS on routers, you can do using MAC address. Just assign the MAC address of the wifi adapter high priority.

As for the blinking light viewtopic.php?t=9814#p81017

I think I mis-spoke. I think you still use Ooma's modem port MAC address to do router QoS even when you are using wifi adapter? (I think wifi adapter spoofs modem port MAC address; can someone confirm?)
#89536 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:41 pm
lbmofo wrote:
lbmofo wrote:QoS on routers, you can do using MAC address. Just assign the MAC address of the wifi adapter high priority.

As for the blinking light viewtopic.php?t=9814#p81017

I think I mis-spoke. I think you still use Ooma's modem port MAC address to do router QoS even when you are using wifi adapter? (I think wifi adapter spoofs modem port MAC address; can someone confirm?)

Access Ooma Setup and click on Status, then Click on Ports. Under Wireless Ports, you will see the Hardware Address (MAC Address) of the Ooma Wi-Fi Dongle, and the IP address that the Router has assigned to the Ooma Telo.

Make sure that the IP address assigned by the Router to the Ooma Telo Dongle is reserved with a permanent lease in the Router.
#89540 by lbmofo
Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:53 pm
Router QoS done via MAC, do we use MAC of wifi adapter or MAC of Telo Modem Port address?
#89545 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 pm
lbmofo wrote:Router QoS done via MAC, do we use MAC of wifi adapter or MAC of Telo Modem Port address?

It would have to be the Ooma Wi-Fi dongle MAC address if using Wireless.

If using the Ooma Telo Internet Port, it would be that MAC address, which is one letter or number higher than the Home port MAC address on the label on the bottom of the Ooma Telo, and also can be seen in Ooma Setup, Status page, then Ports.
#89546 by murphy
Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:31 pm
lbmofo wrote:Router QoS done via MAC, do we use MAC of wifi adapter or MAC of Telo Modem Port address?

Use the MAC of the WiFi adapter. There is nothing connected to the modem / internet port when the WiFi adapter is in use.