Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#89336 by jahook
Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:15 pm
Thanks for any help upfront. New user and recently activated Telo a few days ago.

After activation and setup Telo worked for about half an hour and then drops dead. By drop dead I mean is unresponsive. The logo light turns off and only the 1 & 2 light are on. Only way to correct is to unplug and repower Telo unit. Unfortunately it only lasts for about 15 minutes. Contacted CS, but no answers as of yet.

We're running with Verizon Fios 15/5 with a Westell 9100EM router. A 5.8GHz analog cordless plugged to Telo and no connection to wall plug. Running the computer off the wireless trying to minimize issues.

Tried a Telo factory reset but it didn't change anything and also tried repowering both FIOS router and Telo to no avail.

I'm hoping for any suggestions on the Telo settings.

Thanks!
#89337 by thunderbird
Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:02 pm
jahook wrote:Thanks for any help upfront. New user and recently activated Telo a few days ago.

After activation and setup Telo worked for about half an hour and then drops dead. By drop dead I mean is unresponsive. The logo light turns off and only the 1 & 2 light are on. Only way to correct is to unplug and repower Telo unit. Unfortunately it only lasts for about 15 minutes. Contacted CS, but no answers as of yet.

We're running with Verizon Fios 15/5 with a Westell 9100EM router. A 5.8GHz analog cordless plugged to Telo and no connection to wall plug. Running the computer off the wireless trying to minimize issues.

Tried a Telo factory reset but it didn't change anything and also tried repowering both FIOS router and Telo to no avail.

I'm hoping for any suggestions on the Telo settings.

Thanks!

It sounds like the Ooma Telo is defective. If the Ooma Telo is within the one year warranty period, Ooms should send you a replacement, shipping prepaid, along with a prepaid shipping label to ship the defective Ooma Telo back.
#89382 by jahook
Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:33 pm
Thanks for the help both of you. No luck with altering the Modem Port MAC Address. I'll give CS a ring in the morning. Bought the box through Costco. Would it be just faster/easier to return it and pick up anther one?

Thanks again
#89383 by lbmofo
Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:38 pm
I think so. That maybe the most convenient but I am suspecting your FIOS equipment because of the timing. Consistently 15/30 min cut off. Do you have someone close by with broadband other then FIOS to try your Ooma on?
#89391 by thunderbird
Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:55 am
jahook wrote:Thanks for the help both of you. No luck with altering the Modem Port MAC Address. I'll give CS a ring in the morning. Bought the box through Costco. Would it be just faster/easier to return it and pick up anther one?

Thanks again

After you get your replacement Ooma Telo from Costco, you have to call Ooma Customer Service to add the replacement Ooama Telo MAC address to your account for activation of your replacement device.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST