Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#89273 by kellzey
Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:30 pm
I "think" I know the answers.

1. We'd like to use 2 phone numbers with our Ooma Premier. Will a standard 2-line cordless phone system work with each line? (in other words, some cordless phones are designed for 2 land lines. Can we use Line 1 and Line 2 of Ooma on the cordless phones, just like we could with 2 land lines?) Or is the only option with a Telo Handset?

2. If the Ooma Telo handset is the only option... Is there any way to use a headset (corded headset, wireless headset, or bluetooth headset)?
#89285 by thunderbird
Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:23 pm
kellzey wrote:I "think" I know the answers.

1. We'd like to use 2 phone numbers with our Ooma Premier. Will a standard 2-line cordless phone system work with each line? (in other words, some cordless phones are designed for 2 land lines. Can we use Line 1 and Line 2 of Ooma on the cordless phones, just like we could with 2 land lines?) Or is the only option with a Telo Handset?

2. If the Ooma Telo handset is the only option... Is there any way to use a headset (corded headset, wireless headset, or bluetooth headset)?

See topics:
https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-bluetooth

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/bluetooth-setup-guide

Below is the Amazon site reviews for the Ooma Telo Handset:
http://www.amazon.com/Ooma-Telo-Cordles ... Descending

Below is one of the reviews, (a note from Ooma Sales Support) that say you need at least one Ooma Tolo handset to be able to use the second Line.

"Hello,

At this time customers are happy with the handset, and reviews are increasing. We have done many firmware upgrades to improve the quality.

We are working on a new handset model, however we do not expect it to become available until sometime in 2012.

If you plan to use 2 lines with the telo, and If you would like your lines to be completely independent of each other, you will also need at least one Telo handset. The handset allows the 2nd line to function independently from the 1st line. So you may use any standard phone connected to the Telo for your 1st line and number, however the 2nd line will be controlled by the Ooma handset.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact our sales line at 1-866-452-6662

Have a great day,

Sales Support
1-866-452-6662
Mon-Fri; 8am-5pm PST

Ooma Inc."
#89289 by murphy
Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:08 am
The only way to have two hardwired phone lines with the Ooma Telo is to have two Ooma Telos.
The discontinued Hub and Scout combination provided this capability.
#89341 by Cyberchat
Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:34 pm
kellzey wrote:I "think" I know the answers.

Check out this topic: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12290