Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#89248 by Fischer69
Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:25 pm
I'v tried 3 different handsets on ooma telo. I can dial local numbers with no problem, but when I dial long distance ooma seems to insert my area code before the number and keeps calling the same local number. When I'm dialing it completes the call after 7 or 8 numbers dialed. For instance I dial 218 525 03 and then it connects to a 253 exchange. Any Clues?
#89249 by thunderbird
Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:48 pm
Fischer69 wrote:I'v tried 3 different handsets on ooma telo. I can dial local numbers with no problem, but when I dial long distance ooma seems to insert my area code before the number and keeps calling the same local number. When I'm dialing it completes the call after 7 or 8 numbers dialed. For instance I dial 218 525 03 and then it connects to a 253 exchange. Any Clues?

Do two things:
Go to My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/system and Enable ten digit dialing.

Power off the Ooma device for 20 minutes. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test.

If that doen't work, try dialing with a *98 or *96 before dialing the number. Example: *98-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.
#89251 by Fischer69
Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:17 pm
Thank you. It's been so long since I've dialed long distance from my home phone that I completely forgot how to dial without a cell.