Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#88085 by goldy1064
Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:43 am
I have installed the Ooma Telo Wireless Adapter into the USB port, logged in to the Ooma device (http://172.27.35.1/wireless_setting.lp) and configured my router. The configuration page correctly identified my router and wireless security protocol, but I accidentally entered an incorrect password. I then received this stack trace:
utilityWireless.lua:1195: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'len1' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
utilityWireless.lua:1195: in function 'get_signal'
wireless_setting.lp:569: in function 'prog'
/usr/share/lua/cgilua/lp.lua:132: in function 'include'
/usr/share/lua/cgilua.lua:282: in function
(tail call): ?
stack traceback:
/usr/share/lua/cgilua.lua:161: in function 'err'
/usr/share/lua/coxpcall.lua:24: in function
/usr/share/lua/cgilua.lua:169: in function 'pcall'
/usr/share/lua/cgilua.lua:629: in function 'main'
/usr/share/lua/wsapi/sapi.lua:54: in function

My router configuration is 802.11g with WPA-PSK [TKIP] security and is placed (at the moment) next to the Ooma Telo. I have attempted to reboot, reconnect the USB device, and both of these without it working. Any assistance so that I may delete the wireless configuration and begin it again would be much appreciated! Let me know if there's any additional information I can provide for troubleshooting purposes.
#88088 by thunderbird
Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:11 am
goldy1064:
You should be able to go back into Ooma Setup, Click on Wireless, and then click on Delete. Then Scan for networks again, etc. (Temporarily access Ooma Setup by connecting network cable from the Ooma Telo Home port, to the Wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in your computer, if Wi-Fi is turned on. Reboot your Computer. Type http://172.27.35.1 in your compute browser window. The Ooma setup pages opens).

But if that doesn't work, you can place your Ooma Telo near your Router and temporarily connect a network cable from the router to the Ooma Telo Internet port. Reboot the Router. Then Reboot the Ooma Telo. After the Ooma Telo has finished booting, the Ooma Telo center symbol has changed from flashing red to solid blue, and you have waited approximately 45 minutes for the latest firmware update to download. Than while the Ooma Wi-Fi dongle is still plugged into the Ooma Telo USB port, access Ooma Setup. Now you should be able to click on the Ooma Setup Wireless page tab and Delete and Scan for network, and enter your password.

Unplug the Temporary Internet cable from the Router to the Ooma Telo Internet port. If your Wireless connection doesn't connect by itself (red flashing Ooma symbol on face of Ooma Telo changes to solid Blue), reboot the Ooma Telo.

But if that doesn't work, tempoarily reconnect the network cable from a Router LAN port to the Ooma Telo Internet port. Allow the Ooma Telo to boot. When the Ooma Telo Ooma symbol has turned solid blue and you have a phone connected to the Ooma Telo phone port, do the following:

Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.

Unplug the Temporary Internet cable from the Router to the Ooma Telo Internet port. If your Wireless connection doesn't connect by itself (red flashing Ooma symbol on face of Ooma Telo changes to solid Blue), reboot the Ooma Telo.