Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#88078 by psmsmallengines
Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:13 am
I have a port on my router that says LAN I had no clue that was on there. Is that port for something else, or can I plug a telo in there? If it is different, what will happen if I did plug a telo in there? Thanks
#88079 by thunderbird
Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:48 am
psmsmallengines wrote:I have a port on my router that says LAN I had no clue that was on there. Is that port for something else, or can I plug a telo in there? If it is different, what will happen if I did plug a telo in there? Thanks

LAN (Local Area Network) usually Orange in color, is the side of the Router that you can connect devices to, including computers, and Ooma. There are usually four LAN ports on a Router; Apple usually has only three LAN ports. If your Route has only one LAN port, usually you can connect a Switch to the LAN port to add other devices. Connect a network cable from one of the Router LAN ports to the Internet port of an Ooma Telo, or Network port of an Ooma Hub. Remove power from the Modem, Router and Ooma device.
Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma device.
#88096 by psmsmallengines
Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:48 pm
Thanks, I do have an ethernet switch and, it's working and not even hooked up to the LAN port. However, I will change that very shortly, thanks for the great information, I appreciate it. I will be making a comeback to Ooma, I had the thing hooked up wrong, I guess that "Might" account for some problems I was having! :D