Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#88076 by roundlake
Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:57 am
Many talk about Detect 6 bases, router and or Ooma Telo being downstairs or in the basement while the actual handsets are upstairs Of course what is in the way effects overall workability.

So does Height of the most important installed items help?

Would having the router and/or the Ooma Telo being physically higher(leaving topic of metal heat ducts that get the way as a neutal variable to not consider). So is height by itself a helpful factor to all who have voice quality issues. For example, I might consider moving my elements upstairs versus downstairs.
#88081 by thunderbird
Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:58 am
roundlake wrote:Many talk about Detect 6 bases, router and or Ooma Telo being downstairs or in the basement while the actual handsets are upstairs Of course what is in the way effects overall workability.

So does Height of the most important installed items help?

Would having the router and/or the Ooma Telo being physically higher(leaving topic of metal heat ducts that get the way as a neutal variable to not consider). So is height by itself a helpful factor to all who have voice quality issues. For example, I might consider moving my elements upstairs versus downstairs.

You can place your Modem and Router anywhere where it's convenient. If you use the Ooma wireless handsets, or the Ooma Telo Bluetooth feature, it's preferred that you place the Ooma Telo in a central location. If you use Wireless DECT 6 phone, the DECT 6 wireless phone base should be placed in a central location.
Keep all electronic devices away from heat, which will over time, damage these devices.