Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
#87977 by 07pilot4me
Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:21 am
hi all !

we are moving to a new home that is being serviced by Surewest fiber optic. we ordered the most basic package (300 min) along with 15mb internet. will i have any problems in using my hub/scout that used to be connected to an att dsl service?

i'm thinking its gonna be pretty straight forward, and no need for the modem since i will be connecting directly to the wall.

i'm thinking the setup should go WALL ---> OOMA ---> Router OR Wall ----> Router ---> OOMA

any suggestions? or potential problems that may come up?

#88724 by thunderbird
Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:41 am
07pilot4me wrote:hi all !

we are moving to a new home that is being serviced by Surewest fiber optic. we ordered the most basic package (300 min) along with 15mb internet. will i have any problems in using my hub/scout that used to be connected to an att dsl service?

i'm thinking its gonna be pretty straight forward, and no need for the modem since i will be connecting directly to the wall.

i'm thinking the setup should go WALL ---> OOMA ---> Router OR Wall ----> Router ---> OOMA

any suggestions? or potential problems that may come up?

Should be very straight forward.

You may have to do a factory reset of the Ooma Hub to clear out the old Ooma Setup, Network, DSl Internet provider settings.

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.